Chapter 39

"I wanna make em' scared
               like I could be anywhere."

Stiles unlocked the double doors to the ice rink, pushing them open. The group of six walked in, looking around.

Jade laced her white pair of skates up, deep in thought. She hadn't been able to find anything
in her spell book about lizard-like creatures that attacked people. She'd have to try and do more research.

She got up, carefully stepping onto the rink. She started to skate, pulling out tricks here and there. She forgot how much she missed this feeling. When she was six, she started ice skating classes. She went for a few years, but most moves that she learnt were taught to her by her mom.

Lydia joined her, skating alongside her. "Do you know how to do an axel?" Lydia asked. Jade nodded. "Okay, on three let's do one."

The strawberry blonde counted down. When she got to three, the two girls spun in the air, landing perfectly.

Stiles, Allison and Scott were stood on the outskirts of the rink, jaws hanging open. Max was still attempting to do up his skates, but was watching the girls at the same time. Finally lacing them up, he stood next to the group.

Jade and Lydia skated towards their friends. Lydia grabbed Stiles hand, dragging him onto the ice. Scott stepped on next, slapping to the floor straight away. The twins and Allison looked at the boy, bursting out into laughter.

Allison grabbed his hand, helping him to his feet. The three teens tried to coach Scott on how to skate, but he kept on falling.

Jade and Max took a few laps around the rink, before heading back to Allison and Scott. Even though Max had no sense of balance, ice skating and skateboarding were two things he could actually do.

"I think I'm getting the hang of it!" Scott exclaimed, looking back at his girlfriend.

"Rookie mistake," Max sighed. And of course he was right because a split second later, the boy face planted into the glass. He fell onto the floor in a heap. "I think he gave himself a concussion," Max complained, rubbing his head in pain.

"You looked like you hit your head that time," Allison commented, kneeling down beside him.

"What's that Coach?" Scott asked.

"Yep, you definitely hit your head," Allison observed. The three friends helped Scott to hit feet, carrying him to the chairs beside the rink.
Jade muttered an incantation under her breath, healing Scott and Max simultaneously. "We're gonna go take some photos in the booth, is that okay?" Allison asked.

They nodded as the couple headed towards the other side of the room. "Jade, I want to get photos with you and Lydia later!" Allison shouted over her shoulder.

The blonde sent a thumbs up to her friend. "Skate again?" she asked her brother. They may as well make the most of their time there.

"I need a drink. Might just sit out for a few minutes," Max commented, taking the seat that Scott had previously left. Stiles came out of the rink, sitting next to the brunette.

So much for coming to skate. The two boys were sitting out and Allison and Scott had went to take photos. Jade stepped onto the ice, spinning and landing for a while, but then something caught her attention. She noticed Lydia kneeling down in the middle of the rink. What was she doing?

She seemed to be holding something, but Jade was too far away to see what it was. Quickly, she skated towards the girl, kneeling beside her. God the ice was freezing. Why Lydia was willingly sitting down here, she had no idea.