One

AN
This book I'm working with TheGrimmReader_ it is entirely their idea and I'm just writing it for them. I hope you guys enjoy it

Benjamin Smith is your typical millionaire. He likes to collect artifacts like fossils, very rare rubies and historical artifacts. He is currently in the Romanian mountains after hearing about a temple that is a host to the most valuable artifact that he would ever have in his possession. He is just as obnoxious as Tony Stark, but he likes to keep away from the tabloids. He graduated from Duke at the top of his class. He studied History and Folk Lore. He was accepted to the best colleges in America but he wanted to go to Duke since they had the best History programme. He considered himself a more practical Indiana Jones.

He looked around the temple and saw old runes carved in the walls and right in the centre was an old golden ring with some sort of rune on it. He didn't know the language that was engraved on the stand so he didn't know the consequences of taking it. He looked around the temple to see what else there was for him. He had his own team of historians to help with finding out the era they came from. He looked at the ring closely before he decided to pick it up. Once he had it in the  palm of his hand the temple started to shake. He quickly slipped it on his right ring finger before he started to run towards the exit. The walls were caving in faster than he ran. He looked back and thought that this was it. This is were he dies in a god for saken cave in the middle of nowhere. Once he saw the exit in his view he ran as fast as he could before everything went black.

Whilst Benjamin was unconscious not too far away down the mountain was a lonely cabin where the one and only Wanda Maximoff resides whilst learning more about herself through the darkhold. She hopes that in the middle of nowhere no-one will find or look for her here. Little did she know that she was drawn to here through Chaos Calling from the temple. She is bound by the power that connects her to the temple. Little did she know that the peaceful life that she thought she lived after the events of Westview was soon to come to an end.

Once Benjamin had regained consciousness, he was befuddled as to how he had made it out of the cave. He looked around and noticed that he had some scrapes and bruises on his body but nothing to serious. He got up whilst biting his tongue to keep in the groans from the pain. He needed to make his way down the mountain to make it back home. A while after he had started his journey he wasn't aware of the presence of the wolves in the mountain. The wolves that protect the temple. He froze in his path when he heard a growl within the darkness of the mountain. The only light that there was was given by the moon above. He remained still as his eyes searched for the source of the noise. It wasn't until he saw six pairs of eyes that he started to run down the mountain with the wolves biting at his ankles. The only emotion he felt right now was fear in becoming wolf chudder. He was too focused on keeping his feet moving in a fast pace that he didn't see the ledge and tripped over the side. With the sounds of his screams as he fell down the side and hit some rocks on his way down. Once he was at the bottom the wolves had remained on the mountain. He huffed out a breath as he lay on his back trying to regain his composure as all he felt was indescribable pain. More than he felt before.

"God can this night get any worse." He muttered to himself as he looked around and noticed that his truck wasn't anywhere in sight. He grunted as he struggled to get up noticing the large gash on his left leg. He stumbled the first few steps before he used a nearby tree to regain his balance. He took a few deep breaths before he carried on his journey. As he walked through the forest with no idea which way to go. Meanwhile Wanda felt his presence in the distance. Even stronger with the Khonshu attached to his being. She hoped that he would just pass by and not come near the cabin as she had no idea that he was hurt badly. He stumbled closer to the  clearing of the forest as he heard water running. He was relieved when he saw the lake as he came out of the forest. He was even more ecstatic when he saw a lonely cabin in the distance. He knew that he would have shelter for the rest of the night to rest his wounds.

He sighed as he knew that he would have to walk around the lake. He saw the distance that he had to walk and he knew that it was going to cause great pain to his wounds. But he suck it up and started the journey. The closer he got the stronger Wanda could feel his mind. She walked out onto the porch to make sure that it wasn't going to be a threat to her. When she looked through the darkness around the lake she saw him limping around the lake. She quickly hid the darkhold and brought back her astral projection. She didn't want to give anything away as to who she is. Once he got closer he saw her stood on the porch with a stoic expression.

"What are you doing here?" She asked him in her thick sokovian accent.

"Just thought I would take a nightly stroll in the middle of nowhere." He said sarcastically.

"Are you lost?" She asked him.

"No of course not. This is exactly where I wanted to be." He said sarcasm still lacing his tone as Wanda just looked at him with a raised brow. "Of course I'm lost. Do you honestly think I wanted to be here." He said irritated.

"Are you hurt?" She asked him ignoring his bitterness.

"No of course not. I just walk like this for fun." He said sarcastically.

"I am only asking if you need my help Mr. If you don't then please leave." She said before she saw blood seeping through his pants leg. "You're bleeding. Let me take care of that for you." She told him sternly as he just looked at her. "Are you just gonna stand there or come in." She teased him. He stood the contemplating his decision. He couldn't quite explain it but something inside him pulled him to her. He just didn't know what.

AN
This is the first chapter of a new book.
I'm sorry if it's not the best but I hope you guys will enjoy it.
Feel free to let me know what you guys think.