Chapter 57

"I am just a mere female to you?"

Irene asked as she threw a sharp glare at the dark mage, and asked him a question.

"Do you take back your words?"

The dark mage flinched from the question then put on a cocky smile, "Yes, now die."

Irene smirked and snickered, "How many fingers do you think you need to live?"

The white-haired child glowed in the dark with her blue eyes shining with an evil grin.

"Is that a threat?"

The dark magician now realized this child came here preparing to fight and was shaking just a bit.

Irene's aura was now a bit overwhelming for the old mage, he gritted his teeth, and he was indeed a much weaker mage.

He was sent here to do a simple job.

Get rid of the evidence.

While the higher-ups went to finish off Ralph Carter, he was filled with jealously.

They were young and strong. It was not fair to him.

"Hey, mage!"

Irene snapped him out from thought, "Don't you forget, this is a battlefield now."

The dark mage gulped but hid his fears and screamed.

"My name is Daker," in a matter-a-fact tone as he spoke to Irene.

Irene looked at him unamused, then suddenly the first one to leash an attack was the one and only Daker.

Black vines started to head towards Irene with an ominous aura clashing everywhere, the ground and trees.

Can he aim?

Irene swiftly dodged every one of them with the help of Sylph giving her extra boast and Undine's extra pairs of eyes.

It was a simple battle.

Irene was lucky. This was just a normal mage, a dark mage. Not that strong, Irene had guessed that he was sent here to clean up the mess.

"You should give up now."

Irene gave him a chance to give up and wonders if he would with his big ego.

"I would never, now die."

How many times does he need to say that before he can actually kill me?

A black arrow came behind and aimed straight for Irene's back, Irene turns around and made a water barrier with Undine's power.

"A barrier?"

The dark mage realizes that he is in much trouble, he should report this.

"You can't be a swordsman and an e-elemental summoner?"

He looked at Irene amazed and terrified at the same time, and Irene smiled gently but it could kill.

"I guess, I am not just a mere female anymore."

Then Irene started to speed up for a closer range distance between her and the mage with her sword.

Her sword clashed with his staff, "Hm, you have good reflexes," Irene complimented.

"Who are you?"

"The last person you will see."

Daker quickly put on a weak barrier, strong enough to make one last call to his master with the magic communicator.

He quickly pressed on call.

Irene could see what he was doing outside of the barrier and her eyes were even sharper.