Chapter - 13 Why Min?

For almost 2days Day kept pestering her. On Thursday morning Dara got message from Min
"Hi Dara it's Min, I guess Day invited you don't forget to come tomorrow, I will be waiting :)"
Dara smiled, this message made hard for her to not to go to the party. At evening Day too called her, finally Dara said okay. Day told her that he would pick her up, but Dara declined. She needed to ask permission from her boss and she don't know at what time she will be out from there. She don't want Day to miss the party. She promised Day that she would come to party directly. Day too agreed. He also knew Min would be sad if he was not there. So he accepted Dara to come there by her.

Party Day

Dara was nervous from the time she woke up. It was all new. At night she sat with her roommate and discussed what to wear. She doesn't have any party wears. All she wears is Jean and t-shirt. She doesn't want to be embarrassed in the party, but she don't have anything. But her roommate helped her. She is 2years older than Dara. At times they both have breakfast together. A sister figure to Dara. Dara usually never ask any help from others but this time she can't help so her roommate decided to help her. She lended her top to Dara. She paired it with her black jean. To Dara it is be flashy thing she wore in her life. She was very hesitant to wear it but she have to wear it.

Dara completed her class at 2.30pm. She had her clothes with her. She went to her work at 3pm. The party is at 7pm. In the meantime Day called her, texted her. Dara was giggling and wondering why Day was so excited. She got permission and got dressed. She wore a red sleeve keyhole neckline top paired with her Jean. To her it was flashy. Dara always tied her hair. Today she let her hair free. Now it's gift, she can't afford a better gift also she can't go empty handed she decided to buy flowers. She got yellow flowers which symbolize new beginning and friendship. It was wrapped as bouquet. Deep inside she is still nervous, she knew Day will be there but...

At party venue

Min was wearing her beige bodycon upto her knee that fits perfectly for her and paired up with Chanel sandals. They three came together. And other friends started to arrive. Day was waiting for Dara. Dara told she will be within an hour. Day asked her to call him when she reached near.

Dara came, she's all nervous, Day told Min he will be back in 5mins.Day came outside of restaurant to pick her. Day was speechless when he saw Dara walking towards her. At the sunset behind her, a light drizzle that made her hair fly with a bouquet in hands, she still looked simple but Day seen her as the prettiest ever. Day always seen Dara in her black shirt or normal tshirt it's the first time he seen Dara as such. His mouth almost widened. Dara blushed profusely looking at Day's expression. She came near him

"Why.... Am I looking over dressed?"
Day smiled
"No, just too pretty"
Dara flustered. Dara gently beat Day in his arm. Both were blushing. Dara grabbed Day's hem of the shirt.
Day turned, "I don't know....... iam nervous, don't leave me alone"
"Dara nothing is there to get nervous Just think they are all your friends and I will be there with you... Okay... Let's go inside Min will be waiting"
They both went inside.

Looking at the persons afar itself made Dara very uncomfortable, everyone was wearing party wears, flashy stuffs. She felt so small. She just hid behind Day until they reach their table
Min was facing the other side. Day called Min, Min turned. Shock was evident in Min's face. Min just knew about Dara whom Day met in his father's University , but she doesn't know that the girl she met in miserable condition is Dara. Day hid that fact. Aron too watching them and few others too.
Dara to ease the situation
"Happy birthday Min, nice to meet you" and handed over the bouquet.
Min still remained puzzled. She got that with a awkward smile, she then placed the bouquet in the table and grabbed Day's hand and pulled him with her to the other side of restaurant. Aron too went behind them. She was left alone in front of strangers. Dara was shocked, she don't know how to react. What Min did was very cold. She could feel some other eyes too looking at her. She gave a timid smile and turned back and slightly move a bit far from others and took her phone out and scrolled something to ease her embarressement. She mentally cursed herself for coming here.

Min vs Dara??