3

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

<3>
slip n slide

      AS IT WAS NOW FRIDAY, Petunia was able to sleep in, avoiding the sounds of complaints from the other girls — who had major hangovers.

     Her bed was in the furthest corner, and despite the fact she had not packed before her departure, her clothes were all in the trunk at the end of her bed — along with her matching necklace, that had never been worn.

     Petunia's blonde strands messily scattered on the dark red pillow sheets, and her blanket was half fallen off by her bed — leading for Dorcas to cover her back up.

Marlene stared at her.

Dorcas watched amusedly.

It grew quiet.

       "Merlin's sake, i'm seeing things!" Her voice groaned out, eyes widening, "I swear I see our little Petunia," She looked to Dorcas, "Do you see her?"

      And out of response, Dorcas cocked her head, placing a somewhat confused look on her face, "See who?" She played off, watching as Marlene soon looked baffled.

Dorcas was quick to muffle her laugh.

"Petunia!" She stated as if it was obvious.

    Again, Dorcas eye'd the bed, pretending to not see Petunia's sleeping form. And as she looked back to Marlene's hopeful expression, she simply shrugged.

     "Petunia is right bloody there!" Her voice grew louder, "I swear— ow!"

     The pillow that was once under Petunia's head was now thrown at Marlene's face — cutting off the girl mid sentence.

     "shut up.." she wined, staring at the two witches tiredly, "some of us don't have classes."

And despite her words, Marlene ignored them — suddenly forgetting about her throbbing headache. Because just a second later, Petunia cried out, feeling the full weight of Marlene McKinnon as she jumped on the girl, hugging her tightly.

"Little Evans!" She greeted, placing a large kiss on her cheek, making Petunia pout as she wiped it off. "Got some magic in your blood — do ya?"

Petunia playfully shrugged in response, wiggling free from her friend's grip — leading a loud thump to echo in the room.

She fell on the floor.

"Mer— uhm," She stuttered her words, "What do you guys say again? What's his name?"

"Merlin."

"Merlin's sake," Petunia dramatically belted out, placing a hand on her head, "That hurt like a motherfucke—"

"Petunia!" Lily was next to speak, awkwardly standing behind the two, "Language."

And Petunia cheekily smiled up at her. Though, as she got a good look at her face, she squinted her eyes in suspicion.

"Lily..." She started slowly, "Are you.. perhaps.. wearing makeup?"

Lily's cheeks painted red, making her blush more prominent than before. "I.." She thought aloud, "..always wear makeup."

"No you don't," Dorcas countered, "Only on special occasions!"

"Or," Marlene added on, "When you try to impress someone," she wiggled her eyebrows at her, "And to my knowledge, there really isn't a special occasion—" She glanced to Petunia, "No offense."

She simply rolled her eyes.

Lily grew silent.

And she looked at the clock on their wall.

"Oh!" She let out an uncomfortable laugh, "Would you... look at the time," She nodded towards the clock, "It's time for class!"

"We still have thirty minutes!" Dorcas shouted after her, watching her retreating form, "... and she's gone."

Marlene watched intrigued.

And to their surprise, a small yelp was soon made right outside there room — yells and laughing following right after.

"Sirius, James!" Lily's voice angrily yelled at the two, "You both saw me coming down the stairs," She accused, "And you still tried to climb them!"

The laughs grew louder.

Petunia stared at the two confusedly.

And when Dorcas saw this, she smiled at the blonde, who still sat on the floor. "Boys aren't permitted in girl's dorms," She shortly explained, "So, to stop them from.. coming up here," she worded, "The stairs immediately turn into a slide if they try to climb them.." She lightly laughed, glancing back at the door, "And apparently our dear Lily was on the stairs during this."

Petunia amusedly smiled.

Marlene was still focused on the door.

     "She is definitely seeing someone," Her voice broke into their conversation, "She even straightened her hair!"

     And Petunia felt slight anxiety over these words — only thinking of one person in particular.

But then Dorcas commented.

    "It isn't our business," She almost whispered, shutting their dorm's door closed, "But she has been getting close to a certain Ravenclaw."

     "Who?" Marlene perked up, "Jeffery Lovington?" She started to list, "Michael Wittener, Lewis Phantom, Henry—"

     "No... no," Dorcas interrupted, "No one of that sorts," Her voice grew awkward, briefly thinking over her words carefully. "I've seen her talking to Pandora Lestrange."

___
thanks again <3
P.EVANS + J.POTTER