Chapter 10 - Fire and Fury

Tiny and Firepaw had been travelling for days. 

"Why do we even need those scummy Clan cats anyways?" Tiny grumbled. I became the fiercest cat, almost brought down all four Clans, and he values the precious Clan that threw him out. 

"Stop!" Firepaw screamed. "Just stop! These scummy Clans were where I belonged, Tiny! Do you even understand loyalty, to your kin, your Clan? I was exiled because you couldn't keep your mouth closed. You don't belong with the Clans, you're too cold. You're a scourge to the happiness of others."

A scourge. That's what he always was. "Fine!" Tiny yelled backed. "You think I'm a scourge. You have no clue what my life has been like!"

I'm not Tiny anymore. I'm not Icepaw, either. I'm Scourge. I'll never be anything else.

Scourge snarled. His hackles raised as he narrowed his ice blue eyes at his brother, his mortal enemy, his killer... It didn't have to be this way, that nagging little voice at the back of his head whispered. Just because this is easier doesn't mean it's right.

"I don't care what's right," he whispered.

"I know what your life has been like," Firepaw said. "We grew up together, Tiny."

"No we didn't," Scourge said quietly. "I was born to our father and another kittypet, Quince. My siblings bullied me. I went out to the woods to prove myself. Tigerclaw attacked me. I was saved b-by Bluestar... he let me go with some wounds. I tried to take off my collar with a dog tooth. It got stuck in my collar, so I pretended I'd taken the tooth as a prize from killing a dog. I named myself Scourge. Then I decided I wanted to rule the forest. I came head to head with you... Firestar. You killed me. Then, as I was dying, fading away, Bluestar-"

"Don't you dare say her name!" Firepaw hissed. "You attacked her and then you start spewing this ridiculous- I don't know what to call it. Scourge, leave me in peace. Maybe Bluestar will let me rejoin her Clan."

Scourge had failed Bluestar's spirit and himself.