12

L E O

"I don't think you're allowed to smoke in here amore." Emilio clicked his tongue, staring at me with a look of sternness.

"Donnie won't mind." I shrugged, flicking the lighter before bringing the flame to the tip of the cigarette that sat between my teeth.

"You're trying to kill me." Em whined, the look on his face unreadable.

"Do you want me to put it out?" I offered, pulling the smoke from my lips. "I didn't realise the smoke bothered you." I admitted, rather confused as I did. Em never seemed to be bothered my second-hand smoke before.

"I don't mean with the smoke, Leo." He rolled his eyes, the two orbs gleaming with mischief.

I tilted my head, pursing my lips. "What the fuck do you mean then?"

"The smoking... the rings... the black nail polish. You. You're trying to kill me!"

I smirked, "Am I getting you all hot and bothered Em?"

He groaned loudly, dropping his head against the wall with a light thump. "What can I say? As cliché as it is, I'm a sucker for a bad boy Le. And right now, you look like a typical bad boy. It's almost like you're trying to tease me."

"Maybe I am." I inhaled the toxic smoke, keeping eye-contact with Emilio as I did.

"You're evil, fucking evil." He ran his hand over his mouth, sucking his bottom lip between his teeth, "Gimmie one."

"I thought you were a social smoker? This is hardly what I'd call a social environment Em." I said, holding the pack towards him.

"We're talking aren't we?" He raised an eyebrow, popping the smoke between his teeth. "I'd call that socialising."

Touché.

Rolling my eyes, I pulled the lighter from my pocket, leaning forward — my face mere-inches from Emilio's, I lit the flame, bringing the fire to the stick between his lips. Never breaking eye contact, watching as the grey of his eyes became enhanced by the reflections of orange, showcasing the baby blue hues around his iris'.

Fucking beautiful.

Our gaze never wavered, our eyes trained solely on each other. The world around us dispersing, as I got sucked further and further into those alluring pools of liquid silver.

"Leo..." Emilio whispered, his fingers grazing my jaw. The cigarettes in our hands long forgotten, as they burned to the filter.

"Emmy." I whispered back, not fully understanding why I did. It just felt... right.

"What are we doing?" He asked, his eyes searching mine, looking for the answers I couldn't seem to give.

"I don't know." I whispered. The knots in my stomach tightening, as the butterflies continued to swirl in circles. With a loud sigh, I closed my eyes, pressing my forehead against his.

Emilio's fingers continued to brush against my jaw, slowly making their way towards my cheek before his full hand came to rest on my skin. "You confuse me Le."