Chapter one hundred and twenty four

05:50

Running to the temple steps my stomach turned as I saw the bodies and bloodstains. The marble was stained with innocent blood, young blood. The blood of the innocent students of the Jedi order.

I held my saber down to my side not wishing to have to use it. These clones, they're were one with us, I didn't want my hand to be forced into killing any of them. Instead I used the force and pushed the ones on my side of the entrance back and into the nearest wall, rendering them all unconscious on the ground. Looking round I saw Obi wan had done the same while master Yoda employed a far more radical action.

I guess he was the only one hear who truly had the feta to do what needed to be done. Neither me nor obi wan wanted to kill the men we'd spent five years fighting alongside. He however didn't hesitate, I guess that 'do or do not' teaching really was set in deep within him.

Entering the temple we had the physically step over bodies of padawan and younglings alike just to make our way further in. The most tragic thing was that on a closer inspection I noticed not all had been killed by blaster fire...some had been killed by a lightsaber.

Was it Palpatine? Could he possibly have done all those. Not on his own, no this man was smart he wouldn't let himself be caught in such a radical action against the Jedi. He must have a new apprentice, and I'm betting they're the ones that killed Dooku too...

"I've recoded the outgoing message to warn all remaining Jedi to stay away from the temple." Obi wan came back saying as I lay my cloak over a couple of padawan I'd met in the halls just a couple of days ago. They were young, innocent, and so bright. Whoever killed these children had to be completely heartless.

"That's good, maybe we can save some others from this fate," I replied while combing my fingers back through my hair. Looking around I then sighed knowing I had to check the tapes, I had to know who the traitor was.

"Excuse me masters..." I mumbled and began on my way to the records room. Walking the halls now alone the weight in my heart grew as I saw even more dead. A disturbing thought then entered my mind.

Where were the younglings?

Where they dead too?

If this was a complete massacre, and the temple was mostly populated by children, then how come it felt like several hundred were missing from the piles of corpses.

"...A-Ana..kin..." I voice whispered and I stiffened you when I heard it. It was an almost inaudible whisper that I only just managed to hear. Igniting my saber just in case I looked around. Then I noticed the fingers of a blue twi'lek twitch of the ground just up ahead.

"Leia?" I gasped and rushed over kneeling by the kind woman. Taking her hand I held it to show I was with her, to comfort her best I could. She had a stab wound right through her lower abdomen, it was a fatal blow even I couldn't heal. It was a miracle she'd clung on this long.

"N-Naboo...you, you must go there, N-Naboo...s-save (y/n) and r-run..." she whispered just barely opening her eyes. Suddenly the horror in my heart turned to fear as she mentioned the name of my Angel. Naboo was were master Yoda had sent (y/n), she was meant to be safe there.

"Who this this Leia? What's going on?" I asked leaning over her again and squeezing her hand a little more. She whimpered and lay her head back with closed eyes.

"...The fallen star...the apprentice..." she whispered and my brows furrowed at the cryptic piece of information. Her eyes weakly opened once more and her lips twitched into a small smile.

"...don't despair s-Skywalker...there is hope...a light will come and destroy the darkness..." she whispered than spluttered again. She didn't have long, I could feel her slipping away into the force. "T-the o-order...lives..."