Chapter 20

Everyone had left for the cottage. Stiles was curled up in Jasper's lap.

"So, you have forgiven him." Lydia asked.

"No. We had a good talk and he apologised for everything including his behaviour since he got here. I told him it will take some time, but maybe we could be friends. He doesn't want to lose me from his life, even if that means I'm not with him. And honestly I don't want to lose him, or any of the others but I'm not going to just forgive them. Derek, Scott and my dad have to work for it. But I will give them a chance. Seeing them all again, made me realise how much I missed them all, especially my dad."

"I get that. As long as you don't get hurt again. I will kill them myself." Lydia said.

"Jasper has already threatened to kill Derek if he hurts me again, so u can have the rest of them Lyds."

Peter laughed.

"Me and Peter are going to bed, we will see you in the morning." Lydia said dragging Peter with her.

"She has totally got you under the thumb mate." Emmett laughed.

"Don't I know it." Peter shouted back.

Stiles laughed. "Night guys."

**

The next morning, Esme made breakfast for Peter, Lydia, Jackson, Seth and Jacob.

"You know, you don't have to cook for us Esme." Peter said.

"I know, but I miss it. It feels good to be able to cook for someone again."

"We really appreciate it." Lydia said.

Jackson, Seth and Jacob all nodded in agreement, mouths full of food.

"You are supposed to chew your food." Stiles said in disgust.

"Leave them be, they are growing boys who like their food." Esme smiled.

"Sam and the others are going to meet us in the woods. They will be in their wolf form as they don't trust the other pack yet." Jacob said.

"That makes sense." Stiles said.

"Edward will be able to communicate with them whilst they are in their wolf forms." Jacob said.

"That is such a cool gift. I would love to be able to read minds." Stiles said.

"It's not always fun." Edward said. "sometimes it can be the worst gift. To have so many voices in your head at once. I have control of it now, but at the beginning I wanted to rip my own head off."

"Yeah that doesn't sound like fun." Stiles said. "But still, you and Alice are something else. No wonder this Aro guy wants you to join him. Does he know about Bella's gift?."

"No, and we will try and keep it that way. She has only just realised that she is a shield. She is still trying to learn what she can do. She's a bit like you in a way. I mean you can throw up a shield to protect us, only you can can do a lot more. Aro would definatly want you. He doesn't have anyone like you either." Edward said.

"He won't be getting him either. He would have to go though me to get him." Jasper said behind Stiles and  wrapping his arms around him,  kissing him on the neck.

Stiles lent back into his mate. He always felt content in his arms.

"As much as I would live to stay here like this, we have to pick up the pack and get going."

"How long before we set off." Jasper asked.

"5 minutes."

"Okay, well we can be quick." Jasper said as he pulled Stiles away from the kitchen and up to their bedroom.