chapter 38

M O O N L I G H T

I opened the door and he looked up at me

I opened the door and he looked up at me. Without turning back, I closed the door behind myself.

I looked at him sympathetically as I walked closer. I kneeled down in front of him, taking the bandaid in my hand, lowering his.

He stared down at me intently and my heart ached at the sight of him.

His chest had a few bruises and cuts on them. One of the cuts were about three inches big with blood dripping from it.

I bit down onto my bottom lip to refrain from crying as I felt my eyes burn.

After wrapping him up I sat next to him, gently taking his face in the palm of my hand.

"These look horriby painful" I say looking down at his stomach and chest.

"At least my face is untouched," he says and my head lifts up to him.

I cup his face in both hands as my eyes dart from his eyes, to his cheeks, his nose, his lips, everywhere.

"You're fine," I whisper. "You're perfectly fine," I nod and he smiles.

"Aren't you going to ask me if I won?" he asks and I shake my head.

"You never lose," I sadly smile and the corner of his mouth curls upwards.

"Why are you so upset with me, tesoro?" he asks and I slowly drop my hands. I shake my head, looking down.

"It's nothing," I mumble and he sighs.

"Come here," he says pulling me onto his lap so that I straddle him. "Talk to me," he softly says and I fiddle with my fingers like they're the most interesting thing in the world.

He gently lifts my chin so that our eyes meet.

His eyes, dark, yet somber.

"I just- I- I don't know," I shake my head. "You getting hurt just fucking hurts, that's it," I confess. "It hurts me to see you bruised up and bloody. I can't handle seeing you like this," I admit and drop my head in both of my hands, taking a deep breath. "It scares me," I whispered looking up at him. "I've seen every single important person in my life beat up and barely hanging on and you can't be one of them too," I shake my head.

"Oh princess," he says cupping my face as he wipes a single tear that had fallen. "You shouldn't be so afraid for me," he says making me look at him.

"I saw what you did to the first guy you fought and I just- I didn't want you to end up like that."

"They couldn't hit me that bad even if they tried," he softly smiles and I roll my eyes. "The twins decided that they wouldn't fight unless you were the prize," he says and my jaw drops. "Plus winning them did wonders for my ego," he arrogantly says and I hit his arm.