sixteen.

"I think we just fell in love too fast." Xingqiu sighed, he was in Xianglings bed and they were talking things out, like, what happened the other night.

"Yeah, you kinda turned into a stage five clinger." She remarked.

"I cannot agree or disagree.."

The night was mostly spent in Xianglings room, just talking for hours and hours.

"Nah, nah, what I don't understand is why you two fell to fucking China for eachother within a day of knowing eachothers names. Not to mention you got kicked out of your house because of him." Xiangling said, blowing smoke from her cigarette out the window.

They were both smoking at this point, like, a lot. Xingqiu knew it was bad. But fuck, he has nothing better to do. Well, he did have homework that he was attempting to do.

"Xiangling. Stop laughing with your girlfriend like a little girl, i'm trying to do geometry here."

"Jeezzzz sorry sorryyy! Mr crabby pants." Lumine said over the phone, and she was clearly on something. Fucking ridiculous, there was never quiet in this house. It always smelled of burnt something wether is was burnt hair or food.

Despite Xiangling being the best cook Xingqiu knew, god, she was like a tornado in the kitchen some days.

________________

Thursday sucked even harder.

Everything went down on a Tuesday, and unfortunately, Chongyun was thriving. Or so it seemed.

Xingqiu was quick to assume about him, stuff like He must be doing great. Or, Why the fuck am I a wreck and he's laughing like it's nothing?

But he was struggling the same, possibly even worse.
Actually, scratch that, it was worse.

Chongyun tried, he tried so hard to just forget. Forget what they had. Forget the memories. Of course it wouldn't work.
They were both so fucking tired. It's like they couldn't live without each other, glued together by the brain.

But why? Why did Chongyun seem so happy?

Truth is, he was just better at hiding his feelings than everyone ever noticed. Xingqiu thought that at first but it seemed so real, his happiness seemed so real.

Xiangling threw her sandal at Xingqiu through the doorway, as she did when he was being particularly annoying.

"Any particular reason you're singing 'Heather' by Conan gray after a breakup?" She asked, to which Xingqiu plopped on his bed with a big sigh.

"I don't know dude. I feel like im just.."

"You're just what?"

"A fucking asshole that ruins everyone's lives."

Xiangling made her way over to the bed and put her hand on Xingqius shoulder, "What happened?" She asked.

"Chongyun's so happy without me. He's laughing and smiling more than I have in the past two days." Xingqiu whispered, "Well how do we know that he's not struggling as much as you are?"

"I just don't think he is. And i'm starting to think that maybe i'm— maybe I just ruin peoples lives. And it would be better if I just.. Wasn't here."

Xianglings jaw dropped.

She hugged her best friend as he sobbed saying, "You're not ruining my life." Over and over. He only said thanks a couple of times and resumed to just crying.

                     ________________

Chongyun relapsed on his drug use.

He was out with some other friends, his friends he deemed to be a bad influence. But they helped him get his mind off Xingqiu by getting high.

The world seemed blurry, and everything was suddenly hilarious.

"Fuck you!" An ominous voice called, "Get away from me! You asshat!"

Chongyun walked in the direction, only to see a boy pinning a girl against the wall.
Oh my god is he trying to.. No..

"Hey you!" Chongyun called in his slurred voice that was caused by drugs and alcohol, "You get away from this chick. She called you an asshat— Pfft.."

"You wanna go? Huh? You wanna fucking go?" The boy said, and shit, he was probably a man. His muscles were like, three times bigger that Chongyuns.

"What the hell is wrong you? First you try to rape me in an alleyway and next you wanna fight a teenager that's either high or drunk?" The girl said, tears streaming down her face.

"You know I was crying over my ex boyfriend an hour ago, haha,"

"No one cares. Leave." The man said, pushing him out of the alley.

"You betta leave that lady alone." Chongyun pointed at him, and the man rolled his eyes and walked away.

                     ________________

Xingqiu found out about what Chongyun saw on Saturday.

And who told him?

Chongyun fucking Yang.

Saturday (this # is made up)
777-232-4557
(c) Xingqiu
(c) I just wanted to let you know that i'm struggling too. I got high thurday night and almost got into a fight with a guy who was trying to rape a girl in an alleyway.

(c) This is Chongyun btw

(c) I just wanted to let you know that i'm proud of you. I'm proud you're coming to school, i'm proud that you got a 90% on your Geometry exam. Do you think we could just be friends?

(x) We can try. Just for our sake, right?

(c) yes, and i don't want it to be bffs or anything just.. friends. I don't want you crying over me everyday.

(x) okay. We can be just platonic friends.

(c) great:) thank you so much.

Xingqiu almost typed 'I love you.'
.
.
.
HEY!!

sorry this is short
i forgot to update and it's coming out late so IM SO SORRY!;!;);!($

stay tuned my lovely's<3