Chapter Sixty Three

It didn't take the family long to say their goodbyes. Clarice promised Freja they would keep in touch and she would visit as often as she could.

It felt nostalgic to be back in Hogwarts. Clarice strode through the corridors, the book clutched to her chest, while Severus had Elio in his arms.

"I reckon we should wait until morning to see grandma. She's probably sleeping. Can we just go back to our quarters?" Clarice asked sleepily.

"As you wish," He lead the way as she leafed through some of the pages. He almost didn't realize she had stopped entirely at point and he had to walk backwards to see what had happened. "Everything... okay?"

"Have you ever heard of Merlin's Blood Potion?" She wrinkled her nose at the ingredients. 

"I don't recall that one if I have." He tried peeking over her shoulder, but it looked as if she was reading a blank page. "Can I see that book?" 

"No, I'm reading this. Hang on." She pulled it back to her. 

"There's nothing on that page!" He bellowed. 

"Huh? Look. Here." She shoved it in his hands and crossed her arms impatiently. 

"There is nothing on this page." He humphed and then mentally slapped himself. 

"Only you can read the bloody book." He muttered. 

"Oh... Perfect." She took it back and continued walking on. 

"Well, can you tell me about it?" He asked. 

"Tomorrow after I talk to Grandma." She answered. He rolled his eyes in response and followed her into their chambers. 

"What do you need to talk to me about?"

"Merlin's beard! Grandma, what the hell!?" Clarice jumped out of her skin and nearly hexed the woman. 

"I've been waiting for you to get back." Aggie simply said. 

"How did you know I was coming back tonight?" Clarice questioned while hanging her clothes up. 

"Just a feeling. Now..." Agatha threw her arms out as if to receive something in return.

"Right..." Clarice handed her the book and watched as Agatha went over to their kitchen table, plopped the book, down and began flipping through the pages. 

"Ahh..." Clarice tried to look over her shoulder, but Grandma quickly shut the book and handed it back to Clarice. 

"What?" 

"I have what I need. It's yours now." Agatha plainly put. 

"But? That's it?" Clarice asked. 

"What? Oh! Thank you Claire. Love you dear." She chuckled slightly and kissed her granddaughter's cheek. "See you in the morning." 

"Night," Clarice muttered. 

"Would you like to pretend that didn't just happen or?" Severus started and Clarice just stared at him blankly.

"I don't care." Clarice sighed and tucked herself into bed after changing her clothes. Severus climbed beside her and turned the lights off. Pulling her close to his bare chest, he hummed small kisses on her neck. 

"Welcome home, love." He murmured into her hair. 

The following morning Clarice was awoken by something licking her face. 

"Sorry, forgot to shut the door on my way in." Severus popped out from the greenhouse. "Morning sleepyhead."

"What time is it?" Clarice brushed her bed head hair out of her face.