Chapter 89 - The Matter Of Heir

The hall was full of crowd. And most of them were female. Since it was a baby shower so the rituals needed females to perform it. Except Maya's husband and Manik, even Vaibhav was not present in the ritual. Ageratina helped Maya to sit in the center. There was a golden chair placed for her while Chityakanta seated at the side. Few elderly females were singing songs and the priest was already waiting to perform the ritual. Once Maya settled on her seat the old priest walked forward and performed some Puja before finally indicating to start.

One of elderly lady smiled and said to Chityakanta "Chityakanta come and start the ritual first. You are her mother so the right is yours first. Then we will follow"

Chityakanta has invited many of her friends to attend this baby shower. Besides, this was the first time Samrat was holding a baby shower ceremony after years. She smiled and walked forward and stood before Maya. Behind her a maid was holding a tray.

Chityakanta leaned and took a pair of golden bangles and made it wear Maya before filling her lap with sweets, gifts and some fruits.

"I hope you and your child will be blessed my god to live happily without worries" Chityakanta uttered the words near Maya's ear then lovingly kissed her forehead.

Maya's eyes brimmed with tears yet she was still smiling happily. Ageratina helped to put away the gifts from her lap. Once Chityakanta was done, other ladies present in the hall followed the lead and blessed Maya and her child. Everyone was happy and smiling.

"Nandini, come it's your turn. As her sister-in-law you are the last one" Chityakanta said with a small laugh.

Nandini was standing behind Maya and helping her perform the ritual. Hearing Chityakanta's words she smiled and nodded her head before stepping forward. Atropa was holding a tray behind Nandini and was waiting for the time.

Nandini leaned and gifted her a golden box Maya "this is from me, not related to ritual but made specially for you"

Maya was confused first. But then she nodded and opened the lid of the box. Maya gasped as she pulled out the pair of baby anklets. The golden anklet was shining in her hand and everyone looked at it with wide eyes.

One of the ladies suddenly asked "Empress, how can you be so sure that the child will be a boy?"

"Yes, you have given her an anklet for the little prince," another one commented.

Nandini turned around to look at those ladies then smiled "it doesn't matter whether its prince or princess. Right now the important thing is to give blessings to the mother to be and be hopeful for her so that she can give birth safely without any complications. And about this baby anklet, it's just an instinct. Besides this anklet can be wore by both gender"

Hearing her say those ladies smiled and nodded. Nandini continued to perform her ritual. Once she was done filling Maya's lip she straightened herself and smiled at Maya.

"There's something more. Today's blessing is not only from me but from your brothers too"

Maya frowned "brother's?" She threw a glance towards Manik who was standing at the side.

"Yes, your brothers have decided to give you something. Besides this ritual is about blessing the baby and you and also there is no rule saying only ladies can bless the child" Nandini replied. And everyone laughed at her last sentence.

Maya blushed while her husband showed a proud look sitting at the side.

"What gift?" Maya asked.

Nandini didn't reply yet and waved her hand. Two male servants walked in holding something which was shielded with silk cloth. Everyone's eyes lingered on the thing as it was placed in the middle before everyone.