two

Vanessa and Julio Martinez left El Salvador in 1968, coming to America for a more prosperous life and new beginnings. After traveling through the west coast, they finally found the perfect place to raise their soon to be son; a small hispanic neighborhood in Los Angeles.

Later on, Finnegan Martinez was born.

Finnegan was always getting into trouble. He was just twelve when he tried pot for the first time, and later found himself dealing it as a new source of income.

Selling cocaine to rich white kids, however, made a lot more money than selling weed to his spanish peers.

Him selling coke under the radar was Finnegan's only way of making money, and his only chance of getting out of the bad neighborhood he lived in. He didn't mind it. Even though a lot of the white kids he sold to were racist pricks (which, fuck it, it's America), a few of them were nice.

His coke selling got him to become friends with a specific white boy; Derrick Jackson.

Derrick was two grades above Finnegan, but that didn't stop them from becoming close. Derrick was like an older brother and a father figure, especially because Finnegan's dad was always either working or out.

Derrick really had no one to confide in, besides his other best friend Cal. But when him and Cal were on the outs or had their own problems, Finnegan was the next best thing.

Plus, when Finnegan caught Derrick and Cal kissing each other in Cal's car one night, it was kind of hard to keep any secrets from him.

Derrick made Finnegan swear to secrecy. They were best friends, so it wasn't something Derrick stressed over for longer than a week. Cal didn't know Finnegan knew.

Just Finnegan and Derrick.

Eventually, the time came when Derrick left for college and Finnegan stayed in highschool. They tried to keep in touch, but it was hard. Life was hard.

Finnegan ended up going to medical school and got his degree quickly. He was good at being a surgeon, and practiced it for a little while before Derrick reached out to him.

Derrick had told Finnegan about his wife and soon to be born baby girl. They had just moved into a really nice, brand new house and needed someone to work the security system.

Derrick didn't trust anyone as much as he trusted Finnegan. Now, he was offering Finnegan a job that would put all of his trust for his house, wife and kids in Finnegan's hands.

Surgery was great, pay was excellent. But why have that when you good get good pay and work with your best friend everyday?

Finnegan started working for the Jackson's as security. He was there for Olivia when she was born, and always protected her.

One night, Olivia had snuck out of the house to go to Fezco's. Finnegan followed her, and that was when he had seen Fez for the first time. He didn't trust him. Mainly because protecting Olivia was part of his job, but also because he just didn't want to see her get hurt.

He saw every other night when she snuck out, and when Fezco would sneak in, no matter how sneaking they thought they were. He was going to tell her parents, but eventually saw how well Fezco treated her. How much they truly loved each other.