~THIRTY EIGHT~

"Who are you, this is not a charity home, go away!" Madam xiao shouted at maria her eye's clearly disgusted.

"Mother it's me, don't you recognise me?" Maria said with her hoarse voice, ni mantian froze and her eye's went wide, this....this is her daughter? What happened to her to look like this? She dissapeared for a week without any explanations and when she appeared she is so miserable and scary too.

Coming back to her senses, ni mantian rushed towards her so called daughter who couldn't even be recognized.

"Baby what happened to you? Why do you look like this?" Ni mantian asked her daughter in tears, everything seems not to be going well, not only are they about to lose everything, her daughter returned back home in such a sorry like and critical condition, Maria tried to answer but because of the pain she was in she lost consciousness, ni mantian panicked, since her husband was not around, ni mantian instructed the only one househelp who has remained behind to call an ambulance immediately.

Maria was rushed to the hospital immediately, mr xiao who went out to seek help from his friend's returned back to the house dejected, since none of the people who used to lick his butts and even act like good friends chose to help him, rather each one of them gave a reason, and the reasons given were actually insignificant and you can easily tell they're lying.

Mr xiao didn't even have a rest when he was called and was informed to go to the hospital, arriving at the hospital mr xiao ignored his wife who was in the process of divorcing, if he knew earlier this woman didn't really love him but was after his money, then he couldn't do the mistake of betraying his good wife and marrying this greedy and chameleon woman.

Mr xiao:"doctor what happened? You suddenly called me."

The doctor just explained the general condition of maria, since she is emaciated and at the same time some dangerous substances were found in her system, luckily she was brought to the hospital early and nothing major could occur to her.

"One more thing mr xiao, even after the wounds on her face heals, ms Maria will need a reconstruction surgery, but the surgery won't correct the deformity on her face, since the slash wounds are extremely deep and it's a miracle she is still alive until now." Ni mantian who heard the doctors word's staggered back, but she supported her body with the hospital wall so that she couldn't fall down.

"No...no...impossible...it can't be." Ni mantian muttered while shaking her head, of all the places that her daughter could be injured, why does it have to be the face! Even a reconstruction surgery couldn't correct the deformity, her daughter is very beautiful, her daughters face made alot of women to envy her and wish they could be as beautiful as maria, men wanted to marry her, all men coming from rich families, ni mantian still had great hopes on her daughter, even after divorcing mr xiao, she could still lead a luxurious life since her beautiful daughter could get married to a well off family and she doesn't have to suffer, but now she is very sure a poor man won't want to marry a woman with a deformed face.

Mr xiao received a call after talking for few minutes, his face looked even tired sighing mr xiao answered the doctor.

"There's no need for a reconstruction surgery, saving her life and making sure she will be fine, that will be more than enough." Mr xiao word's surprised both the doctor and ni mantian, the doctor nodded his head in understanding and left to continue his work, ni mantian rushed towards mr xiao and held mr xiao by his collar and started shaking him.

Ni mantian:"What do you mean by that! Are you trying to get back at me just because i filed for a divorce! She is your biological daughter, you can't do this to her!"

Ni mantian shouted, mr xiao sneered.

Mr xiao:"I know she is my daughter, the gods are still on my side, you want to divorce me even before all the properties could be confiscated so that you could get something, but too good, wang yibo lawyer just called, the houses and the money i have has been already taken away and wherever do you expect me to get the money for Maria reconstruction surgery when i don't even have a place to live and money to buy daily necessities."

Mr xiao walked away while laughing, but you could feel the emotions from the laughter, ni mantian collapsed, still trying to digest the news od her losing everything just like that, his husband didn't have anything and her daughter is useless, now the only thing she has to do is live her life as a begger or return back to her hometown.

*********
Xiao zhan recovered well, his shoulder injury healed and he was no longer in pain, since wang yibo has been extra busy these day's, zhan chose to be obedient and stay at home, he doesn't want his husband to worry about him, few day's ago yibo gave him documents which shows all of xiao company shares are given to him, zhan didn't hesitate to sign, he saw the news of the xiao family business going bankrupt and he didnt really care, he was just curious to see his father's reaction, was he also unconcerned just like when her mother left.

Speaking of her mother, zhan didn't get any useful information about her mother, it looks like such a person doesn't exist, she vanished without even leaving behind a trace, zhan wanted to ask wang yibo for help but then he hesitated, he knows wang yibo prejudice against his own birth parent's and he clearly stated his hate for his dead parent's and no matter how much he tried to speak for wang yibo parents, they will always have a very big fight, maybe wang yibo will have another outburst if he asked him to help find his mother.

********
Wang yibo woke up with the news of mr xiao body being found at the back of a small house, the house he used to live with his first wife immediately after they got married, he had a single self inflicted gunshot wound, beside him was a tape recorder dedicated to his son xiao zhan, the gun he used to kill himself, on top of that human remains were also found on a shallow grave, wang yibo knew better the remains must be that of xiao zhan mother.