Fifty-three | 3..2..1..go

•••ANGEL•••

Clocks are ticking, cocks are standing- wait what?

I looked around the room checking for anything but there was nothing, just bunch of snobs talking and drinking together. Deserts were brought to us. Tiramisu was on my plate seated delicately. Angelica gave me big eyed look motioning to cake and then her stomach shaking her head.

I rolled my eyes as I started to eat desert. I have a weird feeling of some shit going down terribly. It's crawling up my spine like plague. Everyone was laughing and talking while I was on high alert. I looked at Matteo that was now looking out of a window.

Until...

My father stood up from a seat along with few other man after guard told him something. Okay that's weird as fuck. He looked distressed and...scared? No not scared more of nervous and stressed. My mother looked at him weirdly and then returned back to conversation with her friend.

I looked at Matteo again, he saw the whole interaction, he shrugged his shoulders not knowing what was happening as he was frowning at a guard that went back to his position.

I looked at Angelica that had her hand in her purse. She looked around table, as some people started to stand up she slowly stood up herself. I followed her actions but then windows were blown up. I quickly covered her with my body as we fell on a ground. All lights went out. All day it was raining and it was cloudy, so we didn't see much.

I heard woman's yelling as everything was covered in ruins and glass. I heard shooting as I quickly stood up helping Angelica. I pulled out my gun from behind my back and looked at Angelica. She had her gun in her hands as little bit of blood was sweeping out of her forehead.

"Stay behind me." I demanded and she nodded.

I looked around room looking for my mother and Matteo. I saw Matteo couching on a ground as he was standing. I couldn't find my mother, maybe she is somewhere in here. I grabbed Angelica's hand as I started to walk towards doors that led out of dinning room. I pulled her towards my body as I heard footsteps. She leaned her body against mine I could see two shadows of someone walking down the hall.

I pointed my gun in their direction as I let go of Angelica and stepped in front of her protecting her with my body. I pointed my gun at a person just to be met with stressed Ethan and Damiano.

Sigh of relief left my lips as I saw them.

"Angel, I can't find mom." Ethan said looking back in room, laughter was heard from just minutes ago.

I grabbed his arm as I heard another shot being fired. He tried looking back into room but I held him in place.

"Ethan look at me. We will find her, now go and hide okay?" I asked him holding his face so he would look at me.

He nodded his head breathing heavily. I slowly nodded at him as I let go of him and looked at Damiano that got my signal. He stepped towards Ethan and lead him into safety.

I looked at Angelica.

"Go with them." I told her.

"No, I'm here with you in this. I'm not leaving you."She told me.

"Angelica, please." I pleaded.

"No, you won't convince me." She shook her head.

I sighed at her stubbornness.

"Fine, but you will stay behind me. Got it?"

"Got it."

Suddenly it was quiet. Dead quiet. I grabbed her hand and slowly made my way out of our hiding spot now into quiet halls. I heard soft crying from living room. I looked at Angelica if she heard it too. She just nodded towards direction of living room telling me to go.

We made our way there quietly in slow shallow steps. Angelica lost her heels long ago so she was walking barefoot on a ground.

I stayed behind wall which separated us from living room as I brought my loaded gun to my chest. I looked at Angelica as I held up three fingers. She nodded her head understanding.

I slowly started to count down finger by finger.

Three...

Two...

One...

Go...

•••••

To be continued...