Chapter 84 - palace

- Third POV -

Mizuki catches up with Yue on the bridge.

"Please, leave me alone Mizuki" Sobs Yue while trying to hide her face.

"Yue, what's wrong?" Asks Mizuki concerned.

"It's nothing" Mutters Yue while Mizuki sighs.

"Something is obviously wrong. People don't cry for no reason. Whatever it is, I'll listen to you. I promise" States Mizuki as she grabs Yue's hand and looks her into her eyes.

"I'm engaged...to someone I don't even want to marry. However, I don't have the courage like Kanna or your mother had to leave this place, or tell my father that I don't want to marry Hahn" Admits Yue as tears fall down her face.

"Yue..." Mumbles Mizuki upset as she hugs her cousin.

"I really don't want to marry him, but at the same time, I'm doing this for my people. I have duties to my father, to my tribe, I have to do this" Continues Yue upset.

"You don't have to sacrifice your own happiness for the sake of this city. There must be an other way" States Mizuki as she lets go of Yue.

"What other options are there?" Says Yue as she smiles, trying to hide her pain.

"I don't know. But I do know that I'll help you figure something out, okay?"

"Thank you Mizuki" Yue smiles at Mizuki who tries to hold her tears back. Suddenly, the two see Arnook approach them.

"Mizuki, are you really Yua's daughter?" Asks Arnook as he begins to tear up.

"Yup, that's me" Admits Mizuki sheepisly. Arnook immediately hugs her tightly.

"I'm so glad that I got to meet you. How's Yua doing?" Says Arnook happily.

"She's gone..." Sighs Mizuki upset as she lets go of Arnook and looks away. Upon hearing this, Arnook begins to cry.

"H-hey, it's okay" Reassures Mizuki as she pats Arnook's shoulder in an attempt to comfort him.

"If I only had been a better brother to her...maybe she wouldn't have left" Arnook's voice trembles as he wipes his tears away.

"She never left because of you, she left because of the rules. She didn't want to get engaged, and was devastated when she found out that you were going to become chief instead of her, just because you were a male" States Mizuki.

"Even if that's true, she's gone now. I wish there was some way to apologize to her" Sighs Arnook upset.

"Father, we can't change what happened in the past, but we can change the future" Comforts Yue.

"You're right. Mizuki, why don't you come live with us in the palace? There's plenty of room" Arnook turns around to face Mizuki.

"I can't, I've got my own life to get back to. It's my duty to guide the Avatar as dualbender" Replies Mizuki upset.

"Please, I'll change the traditions and let women waterbend. Something I should've done a long time ago" Pleads Arnook as he grabs Mizuki's shoulders.

"I don't think I can stay" Gulps Mizuki nervously.

"And no more arranged marriages. Anything, just- please, stay with us" Upon hearing this, Yue starts to tear up. Should I tell father that I don't want to marry Hahn...?

"Uncle, I think you're confused. I am not my mother, by taking care of me, you won't fix the problems you had with Yua" States Mizuki in a sorrowful tone. It's obvious that Arnook is devastated by my mom's death.