Two

Benjamin was torn between leaving or following her. But he was pulled towards her. Not by wandas magic but by something within him. He stumbled up the steps before Wanda caught him before he hit the floor.

"Thanks." He mumbled embarrassed when he was up on his feet. She helped him in to the cabin and sat him down on the small sofa she had in the living room before she went to the kitchen for a first aid kit. She stopped for a moment when she heard the book calling again but quickly shook it off as she went back to Benjamin who was assessing his wounds. Wanda blushed when she saw that he had lifted his top up to see the bruises forming on his ribs and stomach with some cuts.

"I've got the first aid kit." She said nervously as she stood there awkwardly before she walked to sit beside him. She lifted his pants leg to look at the big gash before she started to clean it.

"Thank you." He told her sincerely as she started to stitch it up. She smiled softly at him as she continued to clean his wounds.

"You can stay here for as long as it takes for your wounds to heal." She told him softly as she gazed into his eyes. She got lost in the way that they sparkled.

"Thank you. I'm Benjamin Smith." He introduced himself as he held his hand out for her to shake.

"I'm Wanda." She told him.

"What. No last name." He teased her with a smirk.

"You have to earn it." She told him with a smirk. She couldn't describe what she felt in his presence. The only person she felt a connection to was Vision and it pained her that he was gone. She had lost everyone she has ever loved. She didn't enjoy the thought of letting someone else in for them to be taken away from her. "So what is it that you do for a living?" She asked him trying to get her mind away from her thoughts.

"I'm a historian. I enjoy hunting down artifacts." He said with a smirk. "I'm surprised you don't know who I am."

"Should I?" She asked him with her head tilted.

"Well my family is quite famous. Obviously not Stark famous but not far behind." He told her honestly as she felt her chest get tight at the mention of the name of the man who she thought  took her parents away and took her in when she lost everything.

"I'm sorry I don't know who they are." She told him honestly.

"That's OK I guess. So what about you. What do you do?" He asked her. She looked down at her lap nervously.

"I'm in between jobs at the moment. I had a breakdown so I'm taking sometime out to work on myself." She told him. She didn't exactly lie but she didn't tell him the truth. He just nodded before responding.

"That's good. You should always make time for yourself." He told her honestly. She didn't understand why she felt safe with him and he didn't know why he was drawn to her presence. Her presence was alluring to him and he never wanted to leave it but he had to go home soon which upset him a bit. "So what do you like to do?" He asked her curious to get to know the lonely woman I'm the woods.

"I enjoy listening to the birds and the animals around the cabin. Its makes me feel at peace with nature." She told him softly before he tried to suppress a yawn. "You're tired. You should rest."

"No I'm fine honestly." He tried to suppress another yawn but failed. "I'm sorry. I'm not finding you boring or anything it's just that today had took alot out of me." He told her sorrowfully

"No that's fine. I'll go and get you a blanket and pillow. Do you have some spare clothes in your bag?" She asked him.

"No I don't. I'll be fine with what I'm in." He told her honestly.

"No you won't. Don't worry. I've got some of my brothers clothes still here.  I hope they fit." She said as she walked to her  room. She had nothing left of pietro so she had to use her magic to make his clothes because she didn't want him to know about who she really is. She didn't want to scare him away. When she walked back into the living room she gave him the clothes as he started to change as she made the sofa for him. Once she turned around she was met with him topless as he started to put the t-shirt on. She wanted to turn around but something propelled her not to. There was something about this man that made her feel things down to her core. She never had these feelings with vision since he was the only person she had been with. She hadn't been intimate with anyone so she didn't know why she was feeling like this. All she knew that it was wrong. She had only just lost vision and now she was thinking about another man in his place. She bid her goodnight before she  escaped to her room. Little did they both know was that the Khonshu was what was bringing them both together. The connection they both had was  stronger than the bond she had to the mind stone.

AN
The second chapter done. I hope you guys enjoy it so far. Don't worry the story will get better in future chapters.