72 | Misunderstandings

"S-Seohyun.." Taehyung stammered, taking a reflexive step backwards. My eyes darted from Yoongi to Seohyun and then back to Taehyung.

"So what stays between you two?" Yoongi scoffed, pointing his fingers at me and Taehyung. Seohyun crossed her arms and nodded; a downhearted frown present on her face.

Taehyung stepped towards me, brushing his shoulder against mine. I bit my lip and faked a smile at the two in front of us.

"Taehyung what are you fucking doing?" I grumbled under my breath.

He patted my back lightly, "Take the ring and run." He whispered, handing over the bag before laughing away nervously.

I took the bag and watched the situation unfold before my eyes.

"What are you doing here Seohyunnie?" Taehyung asked with pout, slowly approaching his girlfriend.

"I came to visit my other store in this mall and saw the three of you go in with Hyung-An... I asked if I could go up to this floor since I'm an acquaintance." She explained, averting Taehyung's eye contact.

"Oh right.." Taehyung replied bluntly, rubbing his nape. There was a period of silence before Yoongi shattered it with a sigh.

"So tell us what stays between you two."

Taehyung and I exchanged glances. I cleared my throat and was about to speak up until Taehyung cut in. "It's not what you think it is." I nodded my head along to try and seem that much more convincing.

"We were just shopping for stuff and I... erm... bought a watch for... Yoongi! And wanted Tae to keep it as a surprise." I lied, pushing Taehyung away lightly.

Seohyun looked at us with a mix of confusion and hurt on her face while Yoongi on the other hand was trying to hold back his laughter.

Before Yoongi could utter another word in response, I shot him a threatening smile. "Hey Yoongi! Haha... Namjoon called, we have a task to take out." I said, ushering him to come with me, while still hiding the bag behind my back.

"What? How come I didn't get notified about it?" He muttered, tilting his head.

"You know how busy Joon is... now hurry up and come." I said through gritted teeth.

We were about to walk off when I turned around again to face Taehyung. "You can tell her Tae, I don't want things to go south for you two because of me." I mumbled before shifting my focus towards my cousin.

"And Seohyun, I'm sorry for causing a misunderstanding... I'll get you drinks soon so I can make up for it." I apologised and Seohyun slowly nodded, trying to catch my drift.

I swiveled around to see Yoongi's face all scrunched up in confusion. "I'm so lost right n-"

Before he could finish his sentence, I grabbed Yoongi's wrist and dragged him out of the 11th floor towards the staff route. Once we got there, Yoongi shook off my hold and hunched forward.

"Care to explain? I'm not that stupid to believe you got me a fucking watch. You of all people? Shit, I'm sure our enemies would buy me a watch before you could ever." He scoffed, examining his wrist where I had held it.

"Sorry idiot but Tae told me to run with the ring and so I did." I rolled my eyes after checking the status of the bag in my hand.

"And you had to grab my wrist and drag me along..? Anyways I want you to explain you and Taehyung." Yoongi said firmly, digging his hands deep into his pockets with a playful smirk brushing across his face.

I shot him a scornful glare. As much as Yoongi loves taunting me, he's a good guy at heart, most of the time anyways. I should just tell him what I told Taehyung..

"It's not what you think it is... I-I told Taehyung that I like someone... well he kinda pushed me into admitting it. There, you happy?" I explained, hesitant to hear what he had to say.

A long moment of silence followed afterwards and I could feel Yoongi's eyes stabbing right into me. I glimpsed at him through my peripheral vision and blinked my eyes several times, struggling to read his thoughts. He just looked at me with a deadpan expression, his arms crossed against his chest, while murmuring lowly under his breath.

"Erm, earth to Yoongi? Stop looking at me like I just committed murder in your presence." I groaned, kissing my teeth in response to his confounding actions.

Yoongi shook his head, "You like someone?"

My eyes widened upon hearing his reply. I wasn't expecting that..

"Y-Yeah... is something wrong with that?" I said biting my lower lip to the point I could taste the coppery flavor of blood.

"No... you're just a hopeless romantic that I can't help but worry about whoever this mysterious person is." He chuckled, causing me to scoff.

"Yah! What do you mean by that!?"

Yoongi burst into another round of laughter, "Look I just want you to know that you can always tell me about anything without having to slyly lie your way out or suppressing it inside." He whispered, running his fingers through his minty hair.

"Yeah you can continue wishing for that if you're gonna respond in such an annoying way." I groaned, pressing the elevator button.

Yoongi swung his arm over my shoulder and glanced down at me. "You're like a little sister to me so I can't help but piss you off." He shrugged. I flicked him on the forehead before stepping into the elevator.

Yoongi just stared at me dumbfounded. "Y-You!" He yelled, rubbing the red mark on his forehead as the doors begun to close with him still outside of it.

I stuck my tongue out at him before the doors finally closed. As the elevator travelled down, I could still catch Yoongi's voice as he muttered a string of profanities, making me break into hysterics.

It felt good to know that I had a brotherly figure again in my life after brutally losing one dear to me in the past.

I strolled out of the elevator, making my way through the bottom floor's concourse. It was getting late so the place wasn't as crowded as when we had first arrived. Once I reached the car, I squinted my eyes upon noticing a strange and unfamiliar figure loitering around it.

Taehyung was busy talking to Seohyun and Yoongi was still in the mall.. so who could that be?

I took out my pocket knife from my jacket's inner pocket, ready to use it against whoever this person was. As I slowly approached the car with careful footsteps, the bright lights around the area began to focus more on the vehicle we arrived with.

Almost instantly, I stopped in my tracks once I realised just who this person was.

A/N:

AHHH OMG THANK YOU ALL FOR 300k+ READS!!! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH —🤎