01.10

[act one; chapter ten     -     the golden king]

"Woah Coach," Jason said. "Bring it down a few notches."

A younger man charged into the room. Andromeda guessed he must be Lit, the old guy's son. The old guy who looked strangely familiar. She just couldn't figure it out. He was dressed in pyjama pants with a sleeveless T-shirt that said cornhuskers, and he held a sword that looked like it could husk a lot of things besides corn. His ripped arms were covered in scars, and his face, framed by curly dark hair, would've been handsome if it wasn't also sliced up.

Also, he wasn't exactly Andromeda's type. She much rather preferred a mischievous boy with a semi-crooked smile, messy raven hair that she loved to run her fingers through, and her favourite sea green eyes that made her feel loved. Not whoever this...guy was.

Lit immediately zeroed in on Jason like he was the biggest threat, and stalked toward him, swinging his sword overhead.

"Hold on!" Piper stepped forward, trying for her best calming voice. "This is just a misunderstanding! Everything's fine."

Lit stopped in his tracks, but he still looked wary. It didn't help that Hedge was screaming, "I'll get them! Don't worry!"

"Coach," Jason pleaded, "they may be friendly. Besides, we're trespassing in their house."

"Thank you!" said the old man in the bathrobe. "Now, who are you, and why are you here?"

Andromeda felt a shiver down her spine. She knew how she recognized this guy, and she was definitely not a fan. It had something to do with him manipulating her little brother, Nico, a while back. Call it a vendetta if you want, but not just that. He had messed with her dad, her dad who had given Midas powers, her dad who had also given her and all of her siblings the ability to manipulate the old king's abilities.