🏮50. Fortis Infiltrates?

Amber had sent Ena to get some of the other pixies. She wanted them to keep an eye out for Fortis returning to the Shadow Forest. There were a lot of willing participants, because the reward for spotting Fortis was some refined mana water.

It was quite easy for Amber to get refined mana water anymore. All she had to do was feed regular mana water to her cute little celestial cloud and wait for Fluffy to rain. Then she collected Fluffy's rain water. Although refined mana water was easy for her to get, for others it would be nearly impossible.

This proposed treasure was enough of a temptation to cause most of the pixies in the Shadow Forest to willingly decide to become her spies. It was because of this reason that shortly after Fortis's feet touched the ground, Amber appeared in front of Fortis. Amber was lounging on top of a Celestial Cloud three times as wide as her body was tall. Fortis blinked in shock underneath her hood. Yes, this was the same cloud that her master had owned and kept in a cage, but how did it become so big suddenly?!

Fortis quickly looked down and then knelt onto one knee, to hide her sudden shock, and recognition. This was clearly not a person whom she could ignore or underestimate. She needed to report this new development to her master as quickly as possible! Amber tossed a dark red hood at Fortis's feet as she knelt down in front of her.

Amber lazily gestured to the box next to Fortis. It was leaking blood out from its corner and smelled like death.

"I see that you've brought my prey, but not in the shape that I requested. Put that hood on and I'll have you brought over for further instructions. It's an enchanted item, so I will have someone remove it for you once you have arrived. There will be an older woman caretaker where you're going. You will follow all of her orders without question, while I'm not present. I have some unfinished business here," said Amber.

Fortis took the dark red hood in both hands. Looking down at it, the color reminded her of coagulated blood. Why she felt so uncomfortable while holding onto a hood, she didn't know. Hadn't she often been forced to wear similar items in the past? What made this moment any different? Her heart beat erratically, threatening to jump out of her chest. Some part of her warned that for better or worse, as soon as that hood draped over her face, her life would be irreversibly changed. She swallowed the lump in her throat and lowered the hood down onto her head. As soon as the hood draped over her face, all of her senses disappeared. There was no sound of animals chirping, skittering, or the wind rustling the leaves in the trees. There was only silence. Inky, black, silence. This would at first seem like it should be peaceful, but there was only fear. This was like nothing she had ever experienced before. Then she realized she had ceased to even hear the rapid beating of her heart in her chest. She could feel the painful thumping, but there was no sensation of sound. She swallowed, straining to hear the sound of her nervously swallowing, and still there was nothing. She opened her mouth, breathed heavily, and tried to push back the panic slowly crawling up to choke her. She heard nothing.

A sensation that she hadn't felt for many years, started to expand within her. Flashbacks from years ago, while she was being ruthlessly trained, danced behind her pitch black vision; like a morbid play. She grabbed hold of the ends of the hood tugging upward. She intended to rip the vile thing from her head, but it would not budge. It was as if an invisible rope had the hood securely fastened to her head. Claustrophobia choked her as she desperately tugged at the hood, trying to free herself. Long suppressed tears started to trickle down her face, while hot and cold flashes pummeled her body, and a sheen of sweat quickly appeared. Seven's mouth opened and she released a panicked scream, but still no sound could be heard. She felt bile travel up her throat and release from her gagging parched lips. Still the hood would not release its tight grasp on her. She started to choke, drowning in her own bile. Her body turned pale and her limbs started twitching uncontrollably.

Amber looked down at Seven with a gaze of ice. She glanced at a shadow where two light brown haired twin males appeared from. Made from shadows, they formed from condensed dark gray fog. These two were Ena's older brothers. They had evolved into their third state, which allowed them to appear as fully formed, full sized men.

They were beautiful in neither a masculine nor feminine way, with well formed features, and golden phoenix eyes. They were athletically built with a medium sized bone structure and flawless skin. One of the twins had two long swords strapped to his back and the other twin had a row of small throwing knives and a pouch of other projectiles. All of the weapons were light gray and all were made of condensed shadows.

"Take this spy back to my home and keep a good eye on her. Also, dispose of this disgusting corpse. Make sure to feed her any and all information that I tell you to. She will become my servant, one way or another, from this point forward," said Amber.

"Yes, we obey." The twins lowered their heads and held their closed fists to their hearts. Erem and Bour glanced sideways at each other, silently communicating. Yes, their master could be benevolent, kind, and gentle, but she could also be quite frightening. They decided between the two of them, there and then, that they would never betray her.

Erem was the slightly older twin and the one who carried the twin blades. He glanced at Bour who immediately bent over and picked up the mostly unconscious and slightly twitching Fortis. He slung her over his shoulder as if he were carrying produce of some kind. She didn't bother fighting him, she had quickly lost all reason and strength to resist. The items and methods that Amber used were indeed frightening.