29 / want you back

It was the next day, the sun blazing above, and the baseball game had started.

(A/N :: I dont know anything about baseball ok. Bear with me. I like bears too.)

The game started jolly and it lasted very competitively. But Samiru seemed to be out of the mood. Which was very -- extremely -- wrong and weird. Everyone noticed and was subtly and internally concerned. They havent confronted the girl though.

Satoru especially, was vexed at the bland and grey reaction Samiru had. He was the one who purposely put baseball in the box of choices so Samiru could join. Actually, every single paper in the box was baseball. And Satoru did it so his sister could have a chance to enjoy an exchange event with everyone. But it turned out like this and he didnt know why.

" Are you ok?"

" Indeed. I am."

Satoru thought the fuck is wring with her now?

It was Nobara's turn striking the ball with a bat against a baseball machine -- an excuse of being mechamaru. She shouted fired up about beating the Kyoto kids for her dear Maki's sake. If Samiru was herself, she would shout profanities as an excuse of cheering her best friend. But she didnt. And that also vexed Nobara too.

Instead, Samiru was there sitting rigidly in the bench, back straight and neck stiff. A statue. She look at the clouds, trees, in the field, and back again, completely patterned. It was easy to mistaken her for a robot at that point.

It was Megumi's turn to strike the bat, but he purposely didnt went all out hard enough, so he was out. Satoru noticed that too. Megumi and everyone else expected Samiru to throw insults and remarks at him by the way he played, but nothing happened. Megumi was vexed. There is definitely something wrong with their senpai.

And Satoru, noticed how Samiru tensed, calming down an urge or a flinch maybe, and her balling her hands, when Megumi went back to the bench after failing. Satoru now knows this problem is related to Megumi, and here is one of the reasons why no attachments shouldve stuck with his dear sister. She was too pathetic when she lets someone foreign in.

" Thats cheating!" - Itadori
" Okaka!" - Toge
" Kugisaki, get back on the base." - Megumi

The game ended with Tokyo kids taking the win. As the Kyoto kids disperse slowly, the trio went and crowded over Samiru's uncomfortable statued figured. They made sure Satoru was away. After they saw their sensei walking away with a weird laugh, they then crowded over to their senpai. Worried.

It was written in their faces. Even in Megumi's. He was supposed to not really care and be thankful that Samiru wasnt annoying anymore. But his furrowed brows, clear frown, and troubled expression portrays his real thoughts of her. Everyone noticed. Even Panda, Maki, and Toge were pretending to be casually picking nonexistent trashes a little far yet near the trio. To eavesdrop.

" Now. Tell me whats this all about."
     Nobara started with a stern voice.

" What ever do you mean?"

" This."
     Nobara hissed. Her fingers gesturing at her.
" What happened to her. Our real Samiru?"

" Is it because of me?"
     Itadori said pitifully while scratching his head.
" Well, not me. Sukuna I mean. He was being an asshole yesterday."

" Its not because of you, Itadori-san. Dont worry."
     Samiru let out a sweet close eyed smile, showing all her teeth. She looked so natural at it, which was extremely eerie for the trio. If they didnt know better, they'd think nothing was wrong at all. But really, the smile just proved to them their is absolutely something going on.