𝒙. a true opinion from a realist

..⃗. 🧃 •̩̩͙·˚ ➷̈
𝗕𝗘𝗦𝗧 𝗙𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗡𝗗'𝗦 𝗕𝗥𝗢𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥  ━━━━  𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗘𝗡
( A TRUE OPINION FROM A REALIST ) *:・゚

         "WAIT, SO ARE you gonna do it or not?" Nick asked impatiently. Later that night, Amelia decided to hang out with Matt and his brothers for the remainder of the day. It was the least she could do after letting him wait for her for five hours. She had just finished explaining to the three of them why she had left work and the idea Spencer came up with. They were all in Nick's room as Chris and Matt sat on the bed, Nick laid down, and Amelia standing in front of them.

The second Amelia brought up the idea of starting music, Nick gasped so loudly, their mother had to come in and tell him to quiet down. If it was something Amelia really wanted to do, then obviously the triplets would be over the moon for her. They'd do whatever it took to show their support for her. But as of right now, she wasn't so sure.

"I think you should!" Chris exclaimed. "It'd be so cool. You are very into music, like, on a level that I think is kinda scary, but it suits you. You'd be great at it."

"Thanks, Chris." That might've been the first time he said something nice to her in front of other people. She then added, "I'll try not compete with Olivia Rodrigo."

"Psh, as if you could." Chris commented. Then, he cleared his throat, "I mean, you guys would be tied for me." He smiled at her.

"Well, as Amy's best friend," Nick began, "I think it's a great idea! I love it so much. Spencer is kinda a genius for that one."

An idea popped into Chris' mind, "And we can all help you! Spencer will help with whatever music-related things you need help with and Matt, Nick, and I can sort of be your managers! We can help you with promos and- and merch even, too!"

"That all sounds cool." Amy admitted. She noticed how silent Matt was being so she asked. "I kinda wanna know what Matt thinks."

"Yeah, you on board with this or no, Matty B?" Nick nudged his knee.

He thought about it for a moment, anxiously contemplating if he should tell the truth. He was afraid of their of their reactions — specifically Amy's. But honesty is the best policy, right? "Not really." He shook his head.

         Amy wasn't upset or mad with him. He was just being honest. Besides, she only told them so she can get their opinions. Chris and Nick, however, we're almost livid. "What?" They incredulously asked him. "But it'd be so cool if Amy did that and she'd be really good at it!" Nick argued.

Matt looked up at Amy and could read the slight disappointment on her face and immediately regretted saying anything. "Yeah, of course that'd be cool and great and- and she'd be great at it, of course." He spoke more quietly and timidly being afraid of another outlandish reaction from his brothers, "But in a very realistic sense, I don't think Amy has that big of a chance."

Chris threw a pillow at him, "And I'm the one being a hater? Yeah, okay."

"I'm not hating!" Matt protested. He looked back at Amy, "I'm not hating."

"No, I get that. And you're right, Matt. I'm not trying to sound like I want sympathy points, guys, you know that. But Matt's right. There's no way I could do all that and have a living off of it." She sighed. "I mean, think about it. How many people try to make a career out of music? So many people, it's insane. And how many of them actually have success with it? Probably one or none."

"See, I'm just being realistic, not harsh or mean. And Amy doesn't have much music experience, so that would make it even more difficult, right?" Matt looked at her once more. If Amy agreed with him once, she could do it again.

There was a huge part of Amy that knew deep down there would be no way of her actually making music and turning it into a living. But she wasn't really thinking realistically like Matt was. She was thinking of making songs and learning more about music for fun; as a hobby to take her mind off her worries — an escape, if you will. And when Nick and Chris seemed to be over the moon about the idea, she thought of it as them playing along with the whole "singer" daydream. She wished Matt saw it the way they did.

She couldn't blame him for the way he saw the idea. He was only trying to look out for her. But the reverie she wanted to get lost in every single day and have fun with completely vanished the second Matt was quieter than his brothers.

"I mean, I guess." Nick started, "But maybe it'd be fun for Amy to just try making music, not necessarily trying to go into the industry."

She pointed at Nick, "Yeah, I was kinda going for what Nick said. But you are right, Matt, about the whole realistic sense of things."

"Yeah, sorry." Matt muttered. If they were talking about it in a just-for-fun sense, then why didn't they say so? He would've definitely been on board.

"Amy, you're sleeping over, right?" Chris asked her with his phone in his hand. The triplets' mother had texted him about her as she was out running quick errands. She nodded her head and he texted his mom back.

Usually, Nick likes sleeping in his room by himself, which is why Amy never slept in Nick's room and she respected that. The same thing happened with Chris. However, Matt liked the extra company and always offered to let her sleep in his room when she would sleep over. It was so much of a common occurrence, last year, they decided it would be easier for them to just share Matt's bed rather than deciding and arguing who should take the floor. Neither of them told Nick and Chris because they knew they'd just make fun of them for the rest of their lives.

Matt was about to get off the bed when he said, "Oh okay, I'll go clean my room." However, Amelia stopped him from getting up, "No, it's okay. I think I wanna sleep in Nick's room, if it's okay with him. We haven't seen the second and third movies of Pitch Perfect in a while, so I kinda wanna catch up with him."

"Oh, okay." He sat back down.

"Honestly, Amy could spend the night here this time. She deserves a break from your little dungeon, Matt." Nick remarked.

Matt turned his head to face Nick, "My room is not a dungeon, it's just practical."

"Yeah, you've been being practical a lot lately." Chris quipped.

"Okay, I'm going to bed. You guys can keep making fun of my room and watch Pitch Perfect together." Before walking out the door, Matt said, "Goodnight, guys. Goodnight, Ames."

"Goodnight." They all said back.

Again, Amelia wasn't angry at Matt at all. She knew what his intentions were. She just really wanted him to say yes. A part of her irrational brain tried to convince her that it was because Matt didn't believe in her, but the logical and bigger side of her brain knew it was for her own good. She just had to remind herself to be grateful for realists. Without them, she'd be lost in a daydream forever.

ANGIE'S NOTES☺︎
ngl the story is lowkey digressing from the plot
i wrote in the introduction, but we're gonna
pretend like it's not🤭
ALSO
TYSM FOR 11k READS THAT IS SO CRAZY
ily all sm and thank you for taking the
time to read this MWAH😽🤍!