chapter 40

S H O W E R

"How much of that did you hear?" I cautiously ask.

"Enough to want her gone," he gives me a single nod as he walks towards me.

"Don't. It's okay," I shake my head. "When she's not plotting on my downfall she can be really cute," I nod and he stops in front of me.

He hums in response and I know he can tell somethings bothering me so I look down at my hands.

"I'm gonna go to bed," I say stepping aside but he steps in front of me.

"Something is bothering you," he stops me. "Spill it."

I hate him for noticing when I'm not happy.

"I'm just tired. Goodnight Antonio," I say taking another step but he stops me.

"Try again," he sternly says and I sigh.

He doesn't give up, does he.

I stay quiet as I fiddle with my fingers and he lifts my chin with his hand.

"Answer me."

"I just think you're an insufferable piece of shit" I sigh crossing my arms over my chest and he drops both of his arms at his side. "And cruel... and annoying... and selfish... and- would you like me to go on, because believe me the list is never-ending," I humorously say and he scoffs.

"And when did you come to this conclusion? Before or after you fucked this insufferable piece of shit."

"I have horrible taste in men, my history can confirm."

"Insulting me isn't going to get you anywhere," he shakes his head.

"Yeah, but it is going to get you mad- and that's all I need," I shrug my shoulders.

"Do you want to see me mad, tesoro?" he asks slowly stepping towards me and I back up. "Would you like that? Seeing me get mad... showing that I care?" he asks before backing me up against the wall. "You won't get that," he shakes his head and my hands fist at my side.

"You're a fucking ass!" I irritably say, pushing him back. "And you know what? I really couldn't give a shit if you cared or not because God knows you only care about yourself."

"Call me that one more time-" he pauses, trapping me between him and the wall by hitting his hands flat on either side of my head. "And you won't be able to sit on yours for days."

"Is that a threat?" I ask, keeping intense eye contact with him.

"It's a promise," he sternly says against my lips and I narrow my eyes - challenging him.

"Bite me," I whisper up against his lips and he grabs the back of my legs, throwing me over his shoulder. He starts walking and I'm appalled.

Smack.

Did he just smack my ass!

"Antonio. Put me down," I demand, hitting his back.

Smack.

"And stop hitting my ass," I say as he pushes his bedroom door open. He locks his door and walks over to his bed, plopping me onto it.

I bounce on his bed before he pulls me towards him by my ankles.

He grabs my face in both of his hands and smashes his lips onto mine.

Oh God, I missed his lips.