Chapter 26

Ciane

I stretch my hands above my head and pull the covers of my body. I could feel how swollen my eyes are after crying my heart out. The exhaustion I felt had not completely faded.

I remember almost too vividly the events that led to my current position. The nightmare and Exus being the root of my suffering. The mate that has caused enough physical and emotional scars to last me a lifetime. He has broken my heart so much that I'm not sure it'll heal. The scars littered on my body all caused by him.

My thoughts drift to Christian and how he had been there to comfort me. For the first time, someone was there for me, for the first time I had someone to assure me that it would be okay. Even though no words were exchanged, he had been there.  I don't even remember falling asleep. He must have brought me to bed. My heart warms at the thought. He was growing on me.  Christian is much much much more than Exus was, is and ever will.

I short yawn escapes and I leave my bed to take a much required shower. After I'm dressed, I exit the room, the smell of freshly brewed coffee engulfing my nostrils. Delicious. I hop down the stairs and I'm met with a sight I don't see every day. Christian preparing breakfast. My mind drifts to the last time I was standing there and a mischievous idea comes to mind.

Christian who had not even noticed me looked completely engrossed on the eggs sizzling on the pan. I smirk and take cautious steps towards him and do the exact same thing he did to me. Instead of screaming as I expect, his hands shoot out and grasps mine in a tight hold, his movements too quick for my eyes. I gape in awe. He's really good at this. When he realizes it's me, he lets go of my hand shooting me a small apologetic smile.

"Wow, I expected you to scream." I chuckle.

"Sorry, you caught me off guard." He says sheepishly.

"No wonder you're a good trainer. Your senses are great. I'm sorry we couldn't train today." I apologize.

"It's okay," he says, although his eyes looks a bit sad, "How are you feeling?"

How was I feeling? After last night, I didn't even know.

"I'm okay now." I give him a small smile and Christian stares at me obviously not believing me but he doesn't question it.

"Do you want some coffee?" He asks as he grabs a mug from the cupboard.

"Is that even a question? Of course I want coffee!"

He gives a small chuckle and pours the coffee to the brim into the mug. I take a huge sip, the hot liquid slightly stinging my tongue. I sigh, savoring and loving the feeling.

"Wow, you're really in love with this." He acknowledges.

"You can say that again." I grin, "Thanks." I raise the mug slightly.

He smiles and grabs two plates and places the eggs on it, a few strips of bacon and toast. He grabs both plates to the dining room close to the kitchen.

"Come," he urges and I follow him.

He places the plates on the table and pulls a sit for me. I smile and thank him. My stomach almost instantly notifies me of how hungry I am.

"Wow, this is really good." I smile as I shove the eggs into my mouth.

"Thank you."

Without meaning to, my eyes fall on him and all the things that occured floods my mind. The tears, the panic attack and him being there for me, calming me down. The thoughts of Exus. That disgusting so called mate. The man who hurt me so much and had loved doing it.