52 | couples

AN:
Hi everyone. I know that it's been a long time since I updated the last chapter of "We Were Meant to Be." My mother passed away on 12 May 2022 because of Interstitial Lung Disease, and I needed time to compose myself. I genuinely appreciate all of your support and prayers. Reading all your comments warmed my heart, and I'm sorry that I can't respond to you one by one. Because of you, Wattpad has been such a comfort place and support system for me. I want to let you know that I won't stop writing and abandon my hard work.

Thank you so much for waiting for me and staying on this journey with me. Each and every one of you means so much to me. There's nothing I wish for you but happiness. Please care for and spend as much time with the people you love, because you never know when they'll be gone.

Love,
Anya

***

I've lost count of how many times I've sighed during today's lecture

I've lost count of how many times I've sighed during today's lecture. The professor's voice echoes loudly in the classroom, but all I can think about is my first kiss with Aiden.

Since I entered this classroom, I've been doing nothing but gazing at nothing in particular. My heart is full of something that I can't explain.

Whatever this feeling is, it feels good, so damn good that it's torturing too.

With my elbows on the desk, I rest my chin on my hands, replaying the scene in my head again. My God, I can't stop thinking about how protective Aiden held me in his arms when we danced, about his intense gaze when he asked for permission to kiss me, about how passionate our kiss was. That time, everything about Aiden spoke of his unmistakable desire for me.

I'd never expected that my first kiss would turn out like that.

I'm starting to think that it was more than a kiss because we were practically making out.

I feel the heat crawling on my face, remembering what Aiden did to me. He'd pushed me against the wall--

"Nevaeh." Ash's voice snaps me out of my thought.

I snap my head, only to find that Ash and Maya are already standing beside my desk with their bags around their shoulders. I look around with mouth agape, noticing that the lecture has ended and that all my classmates are preparing to leave.

Holy shit. I didn't even realize what was happening around me.

"You were daydreaming," Ash says with amusement.

"Your face is red," Maya adds, and the genuine concern in her voice makes me clear my throat.

"I didn't get enough sleep," I say. "I couldn't focus on the lecture."

It's the truth. I haven't been able to get enough sleep after the kiss. I've been wondering whether I'm in reality or a dream because everything still seems unbelievable.