Welcome to your New Life!

"Whose place is this?" I asked, suddenly concerned I was going to be accused of breaking and entering. It would be just my luck to begin a new life in prison!

*Yours.*

"I don't own a house like this."

*Correction. Alex Winger did not own a house like this. However, Jonathan Shane does.*

Jonathan Shane?!

Who was.......?

Oh......

"So Jonathan Shane is my new persona."

*That is correct.*

"How does Jonathan Shane, I mean me, how do I afford a place like this?!"

*On paper, you are a wealthy inventor who has created a few small but highly valuable designs that various corporations have purchased. The document and patents are all in order, as are your bank accounts, tax records and personal history.*

OKay....so how wealthy was I?

*Your current bank holdings are balanced at 23.6 Million dollars.*

"WHAT??!!!"

*That is not counting investments you have made into various other industries and developments.*

I resisted the desire to faint again.

"Ummmm....okay......breathing again......no heart attack yet." I looked at my reflection again. "Umm....obvious question here. HOW?!"

*Through your internet*

"But the inventions.....how did  you do that.....the investments..."

*All transactions were performed online, as were all purchases and investments. Once your identity was verified, the other processes were quite simple.*

As Becky spoke, a whirlwind of images blew through my mind; emails and files, documents and signatures, online meetings that were all audio and no video, bank accounts with numbers that staggered my mind, all of this and more that had occurred over the last year while I, basically, slept!

I was a millionaire, a freaking millionaire!

"So...so...let me get this straight. You're telling me I now have a body that is built like a Greek god, is super strong and tough and will not get sick or poisoned. And, as if that was not crazy enough, I have more money than I can imagine!"

*I saw no point in making your life uncomfortable.*

Yeah......no duh!

But that brought up another point.

"I own a house, but where do I own it, where am I?"

*Beach front property, private beach, Florida.*

"I'm dreaming. I have to be dreaming." I muttered, head in my hands as I rested my elbows on my knees. 

A sudden jolt of electricity made me shout and twitch in painful shock.

"OW!!!"

*As you can see, you are not dreaming."

"I knew that!"

*Then why did you say you were dreaming?*

"It's just an expression we use when he cannot believe something is actually happening to us!"

*Ohh....I see. Sorry, some of your Earth customs and ways are still new to me.*

"Umm...okay, just don't do that again, okay?"

*Have we established all we need for you to understand your current situation?*

I paused to think. Could I accept all that Becky had told me? I really had no choice. The evidence was there, staring at me in the mirror! 

I smiled slightly, nodding to the image, "Hello, Jonathan Shane." 

Rising to my feet, I moved to the big glass doors that opened out onto a balcony. Stepping out, I walked to the edge and, looking down, saw a fishing boat, a sleek-looking speed boat, and a 40-foot yacht sitting alongside a dock. I knew they were mine. Becky showed me images of the transaction and the delivery. I knew all the papers would be in order as well. 

I owned a yacht, a big, beautiful yacht!

Stepping back inside, I made my way to the garage and, opening the door, found myself looking at a big black Jeep Gladiator, a dark blue BMW i8, and an Ego+/RS motorcycle. Each looked brand new and ready to roll. 

I closed the door and turned back to looking at the house Becky said was mine; a big, beautiful, beachside house on a private beach, in Florida.

I could not help it as my lips curved up in a grin that likely looked very, very pleased. I could not see my smile, but it felt like a "cat who ate the canary" grin. 

As crazy as this was, as insane as it all seemed, if this was going to be my life, maybe having Becky inside my head wouldn't be so bad after all!

Oh, boy was I wrong!