CH. 26

happy Easter 💙 icy gang.

Soleil left Siraj's place without so much of a goodbye. Luckily his door automatically locked once you walked out, otherwise she would've had to wait for him to wake up, as she didn't feel comfortable leaving his door unlocked.

She also wasn't ready to talk anymore about last night's incident. She felt she got her point across, and that it was solely up to him whether he wanted to fix it. She didn't plan on sitting down with Ximena to talk out their problems, feeling as if it were pointless and unnecessary anyways.

Especially when Ximena didn't seem to care about sitting down with her and resolve their issues. As grown as she was, she acted immature and dense.

Soleil tried being cordial with her, despite her doing little slick stuff around her but Soleil was tired of being the bigger person. She tried not to let people get her out of character, but her kindness was being taken for weakness — and one thing for sure, Soleil wasn't weak.

During her therapy session, she voiced her concerns about being too nice. While her therapist did slightly agree, she had been too kind in the situations that came up, she shouldn't change who she was because others weren't kind to her.

She recommended that Soleil continue to be transparent and authentic. To get out of the habit of being too overly accommodating for those who simply did not return the gesture.

Soleil surely was practicing being more assertive and standing more firm on her word. Still, Soleil had a lot more to work on when it came to herself, especially dealing with her emotions.

There were times where she exploded after keeping her emotions bottled in for so long, that eventually it ends up making the situation more dire than it need to be.

Now that she was journaling, she was learning how to articulate her feelings without feeling so overwhelmed and shutting down.

Soleil and Keia walked over to empty seats and sat down, sitting their luggage in front of them. The girls flights were an hour apart, Keia's flight taking off first.

After they went through TSA, they went to grab breakfast. As they did, Keia started to fill Soleil in on what happened after she left the club with Siraj.

"Yea' so, he was like 'you think she's mad?'" Keia told her, referring to her and Isidro's conversation. "I was like, she didn't seem like she was."

"I'm not mad, it just caught me off guard." Soleil spoke with a mouthful of food, her hand over her mouth. "Do you think I lead him on?"

Keia shook her head, biting into her bagel. "No, he probably just misread your body language. Was caught up in the heat of the moment, and thought y'all were hitting it off really well." she said, crossing one leg over the other.

"I don't know Keia, I was dancing all on that man."

"Girl no you weren't, it's not like you were throwin' ass on him. Just a li'l two step, and swaying your hips. When you did throw ass, he was nowhere behind you. If you were doing that — then, I could definitely understand if he thought you was on that type of time." Keia shrugged, reaching down to grab her iced coffee.

"I mean it still wouldn't have justified him kissing you, but I understand." she continued, putting her drink back down on the floor after taking a sip.