4.5

P.EVANS + J.POTTER

<4.5>
meetings and doubtful conversations

     TENSION WAS HIGH FOR THE three students. Remus had been ignoring Lily since Petunia's arrival — and despite how hard Lily tried, no amends were being made between the two.

Petunia awkwardly sat in the middle of them.

     Dumbledore was continuously questioning her, mostly asking what it felt like and when did the visions first started. And she was doing well at first, only slightly stressed.

     But sooner than later, a question stumped her, making her completely uncomfortable.

"You said someone was
forcing these visions?"

"Yes, sir."

"Who?"

That's when it got quiet.

     Not only did Dumbledore watch her closely. But both Remus and Lily had their eyes on her as well, waiting for her answer.

She finally responded.

"He said his name was
Lord Voldemort."

Once again, silence.

      Dumbledore sat back in his chair, Lily shifted in her seat, and Remus now kept his gaze on the flooring — thoughts running wild.

She suddenly felt guilty.

       "I'm sorry," She suddenly expressed, feeling a small wave of worry hit her, "Did I say something wrong, should I stop talking?"

They stayed quiet.

She deeply frowned.

     "You said.. he caused a few visions," Dumbledore's gravely voice sounded, "What did he want to see, what did he force from you?"

She thought back to those days.

     "Meetings," Petunia conversed back, "Something about a traitor, you... and your power, forming an army," she listed, "something along the lines of crucio," her voice trailed in confusion, "There was a baby."

"A child was involved?"

     She only shrugged, remembering the vision from two days ago, "It was only crying." She thought aloud, "Two people were fighting, I don't know." She confessed. "The only other thing he made me see was the fight between Lily and I."

This then led Lily to speak.

"What?"

    Dumbledore nodded in confirmation, "It would make sense, as the magic was portrayed darkly," He added in, "And as Petunia here received such a powerful gift, it would most definitely make him want to take advantage of that." He continued.

She felt defeated.

"It really hurts when he does it too."

Lily, again, shifted in her seat.

       "He has no way to posses you in Hogwarts," Dumbledore comforted, "You are safe here."

But she didn't feel comforted at all.

       "And when I leave?" she challenged, "When you send me home or when summer comes around. What happens then?"

Dumbledore was surprised by her tone.

And he did not answer her question.

       "Your visions are at night, when he attacks you?" He instead asked, earning a huff from the blonde. She only nodded, refusing to speak an answer.

      "And your ring," He then looked at Remus, for the first time that night, "That's when it turns black?"

Like Petunia, he didn't use his voice.

He only nodded.

      "Well," He glanced between the two, "When Hogwarts is not longer in your presence — your emotions will be tracked, right to the ring." He said smartly, "If anything happens, we will know."

Petunia didn't like that answer.

      "And, I don't know," She patiently fought back, "What if he, or I, lose the ring?"

"It will always come back to you."

This time, Lily rolled her eyes.

      "No offense, professor," Her voice wavered, "But we surely cannot base this off the idea that if they did, in fact, lose the ring — that it would magically appear back into their hands."

Remus, for once, agreed with her.

        "And should we even risk the opportunity of letting her go back, right where he always finds her?" He was next to join in, "He's already seen so much — so much that satisfied him. And he tortures her to see these things. He puts her in danger." His tone was purely worried, "I'm sorry, but I cannot allow this," His voice strained in disbelief, "And I know others would agree."

Petunia looked at him thankfully.

He gave her a swift nod.

      "I understand your concerns, Mr. Lupin," Dumbledore responded, "But I feel as if this is the best course of action." He continued, "She will not be leaving our care yet. Of course. I believe she still has much use to us. More than she realizes."

      "And when are you going to stop referring to me as I am not here?" She waved her hand towards him, "I am fully appreciative that you have taken me in," She continued, "But the more you speak, I feel as if it may be for your own selfish reasons."

The sparkle in his eye disappeared.

     "I apologize you feel that way," he stood from his seat, keeping his focus on her, "But I can assure that we have your best interests in mind."

    And although Petunia did not respond to that comment, keeping her face as still as stone — the blonde's mind immediately went into doubt, not believing a single word laced on his lips.

She wouldn't admit it, but Petunia was scared.

P.EVANS + J.POTTER