| chapter forty four. |

♚ CHAPTER FORTY FOUR ♚

ALMOST EVERY MEMBER OF KARASUNO was now lying on their backs in the changing room. No one dares to move anything in order to conserve energy before continuing today's second match.

They're not stupid. This is a national event which means they will be competing against a very strong team. So they made the most of the remaining time by resting as much as possible.

Tanaka and Noya, who couldn't stay still, had already fallen asleep. Not your typical Karasuno, you could say. Except for Hinata, who is still very active, everyone just assumed he had a lot of energy and let him be (they tried to keep him quiet, but he seemed too excited).

"Come on, we have to get ready."

Those words caused everyone's hearts to skip a beat. They're not lying when they say they're a little unsure. Furthermore, they had just fought Nekoma a few hours ago.

Finally, they arrived at the court. And Komomedai was the one who practiced first.

"What are you doing here?" Yanagi narrowed his eyes, noticing a familiar figure with shoulder-length long hair smiling broadly at him near the court.

"Yanagi-kun!!"

"Seems like Udai-san has a lot of free time, huh?" Suga smiled as he appeared from behind Yanagi and greeted the man in front of him. "You always watched us play."

"I'm still having a break, and as an upperclassman who adores his underclassmen, I enjoy watching your matches," Udai said cheerfully. "Oh yeah, Karasuno finally defeated Nekoma, huh?! I'm so touched, too bad I couldn't make it!!" He said this while vigorously patting Daichi's back.

"Eh... thanks," Daichi replied awkwardly.

"Who's he?!" Hinata shouted, appearing from the corner with Kageyama behind him.

Asahi turned his head in surprise when he heard the shout, but he managed to keep a small smile on his face. "His name is Udai Tenma. A Karasuno's alumnus known as 'Little Giant'."

Hinata gasped dramatically. "Little Giant?!!!" Then his expression turned serious. "Nice to meet you! I'm Hinata Shoyo!  A long time ago, I saw Giant-san, play on tv, and I started playing volleyball!!"

Giant-san?

"Ehh? For real?" Udai turned his attention to the two new figures who had just arrived.

"Giant-san, what team are you playing on now? What university? Are you in a v-league? I tried researching this and asking around, but I still don't know," Hinata bombarded him with questions, especially with that loud voice. Kageyama frowned, no doubt, Hinata is totally clueless.