iv. welcome to new york

CHAPTER FOUR❀ ✿ one percent ✿ ❀

CHAPTER FOUR
❀ ✿ one percent ✿ ❀

IRONICALLY WELCOME TO NEW YORK by Taylor Swift was blaring on the Bluetooth as they arrived in New York. Well...maybe not that ironic because Eloise had insisted on putting the song on but it was cool nonetheless.

Libby had informed them that Nate had managed to track down his Aunt Heidi who worked at the Natural History Museum which is where the three were heading. They didn't know where the woman lived so their safest bet was to ask one of her coworkers.

So far no one was listening.

"Heidi Roberts." Anthony told the man. "She's my aunt and all we need to know is where she lives."

He looked up from his computer, a blank stare on his face. "I'm sorry but we can't give out private information of our workers. It's against our policy."

Anthony let out an exasperated sigh. At this rate they weren't going to get back to Pittsburg in time.

Eloise kept searching on her phone for any trace of Heidi Roberts and where she might live but so far nothing had come up. They'd already wasted a half an hour at the Museum and Eloise was getting restless.

She walked up to the man and stood beside Anthony, "Listen here, mister." She snapped. "We drove all the way here from Pittsburg for 7 hours. His little brother is missing and we believe he's staying with his aunt. We've already wasted 30 minutes talking to your sorry ass, and at this rate we won't make it back to Pittsburg without anyone knowing we're gone. I'm tired and hungry and I'm 98% sure I saw a rat the size of a bird on the way I here so I'm not in the mood to foul around. So, give us Heidi Roberts, god damn, address before I go behind the counter and get it myself."

The man stared at her eyes widened, "Y-yes ma'am." He stuttered going on the computer to find it.

Anthony looked at the girl in amazement. "Couldn't have done that 30 minutes ago?"

She shrugged, "You said you wanted to handle it."

The man gave the teenagers the address to Aunt Heidi's appartement. They quickly made their way back to the car, Libby still inside (which probably wasn't the smartest idea to leave a child alone in New York City), and drove off.

❀ ✿ ✿ ❀

Anthony rang the buzzer to Aunt Heidi's appartement more times than Eloise could count. He was growing more and more angry at his brother by the second but as much as Eloise and Libby were worried all they could think about were their need to go to the washroom and eat.