|| Chapter XXXII ||

Word Count : 2251 words 

________________________________________________________________________________

( Location : Hawks Agency )
( Third Person POV )

Currently, Keigo Takami, simply known as Hawks, was surfing the net, hoping to find some useful information regarding the sighting of (F/N) (L/N) in Hosu City.

It had become hot news that Hero Killer Stain had been murdered. And by none other than (F/N) (L/N) himself.

This news came as both a shocker and a relief to the Hero Department. A part of it was relieved knowing that the Hero Killer was no more, but a more vigilant part of the Association had come to realize the sheer power and technique that (F/N) (L/N) possessed. Rumors had it that Stain was killed within a span of 5 seconds, and (F/N) (L/N)'s looming threat had only become widespread in the country.

But Hawks today was not worried about (F/N) (L/N)'s threat.

He was more interested in his motive.

Why did (F/N) (L/N) kill Stain? Aren't they technically on the same side? (F/N) (L/N) has also started murdering Pro Heroes.

Last week, he had taken out a low ranked veteran Pro. The body was found in the dumpster, reported by the old lady across the street who had complained of stinky garbage.

What Keigo Takami did not understand is (F/N) (L/N)'s motives.

Who exactly is (F/N) (L/N), and why does he kill such low-level Pro Heroes? Is he out for revenge? That seemed to be the most plausible option. After all, all of his kills are Heroes who have work experience of over 10 years or more.

In other words, he was targeting those Heroes who played a part in The 28th Genocide. It would also explain why (F/N) (L/N) did not murder Pro Hero Hound, and instead just left him in a half-dead state. After all, Hound is still a relatively new Hero. He's been around for only 7-8 years.

It would also give reason as to why Cementoss was brutally murdered.

Another thing that bugged Hawks was (F/N) (L/N)'s information source.

If Hawks, as a distinguished Pro Hero, cannot legally obtain any information regarding the 28th Genocide, how does (F/N) (L/N) have so much information?

Granted, the young man was present during the crisis, and saw the horrors unfold right before him. However, how did (F/N) (L/N) know which Heroes were present during the Raid, and which heroes weren't?

If you go purely by logic, then shouldn't (F/N) (L/N) have some sort of target list? A list of all the Heroes involved in the massacre?

Hawks let out a giant sigh.

"I'm getting nowhere....."

Hawks had never been more frustrated with the internet that he was today. Not only did he get absolutely zero information, the internet was circulating a huge amount of fake news as well — news about (F/N) (L/N)'s past, his whereabouts and his possible next areas of strike.

If information like that were so easy to obtain, then the world would not have had any villains.

However, a part of Keigo Takami still wanted to uncover this mysterious enigma known as (F/N) (L/N). He wanted to know more about his methods, his ideals and his past.