25

-ˏ͛ xxv

The world is ending.

Or that's what I'm feeling now, at least.

The entire humanity is asleep, and there are only a few of us left awake. Hell, we didn't even know what's the states on the other country. I just hope that there are others out there, like us.

Others who are trying to find answers, who are trying to save this God-forsaken world.

Try.

That fucking word again.

Even when things were still normal, I was doing nothing but try. Trying to finish school, trying to get the girl that I like, trying to plan for my future, trying to survive.

Try, try, and try.

It gets so fucking annoying sometimes, you know? This repetitive life. It even gets to a point where surviving seems pointless. Like, why can't we all just let it go? Why do we keep striving? Why do we need to do something just to prove that we fucking exist?

Maybe this is for the best. Maybe the whole world deserves all of these shits. Maybe all of our destinies are intertwined, with only one outcome: destruction.

But maybe not.

Earlier, I was so eager to just lay down and fall asleep. But right now, I'm just lying straight while staring nowhere.

What the hell is wrong with me?

I tried to close my eyes and even puts my jacket to cover my eyes, but I still end up sitting straight with my eyes open. This is pointless. Even extreme exhaustion can't push me in the arms of sleep.

My heart almost jumped out of my chest when I look outside and saw something.

Upon closer look, I found out that it's just Mina. She's sitting with a candle in front of her but it did nothing to illuminate her face. I stood up carefully so I don't wake my companions.

"Hey," I say when I got closer to her.

She turns to me, startled. "Hey."

"Why are you still awake?" I ask, then I sit beside her.

She nods. "There's a lot of things running on my mind. Like saving this world.."

We're just same.

The thought of trying to save the world terrifies me. It's like the faith of humanity rests entirely on our shoulders. It's a huge responsibility, one that must be taken seriously.

And like every other teenager, I hate responsibilities.

It's still raining hard outside, making the road darker than it already is. The howling wind and big droplets of rain hide us from the vicious animals prowling outside.