13

"Felix?" Penelope calls in confusion at the sight of her red-haired friend crouching behind a pillar and attempting to make himself smaller.

Felix, upon hearing her voice, jumped and looked at her with wide and surprised eyes.

"Penelope?!" He cried, standing up quickly and dashing towards her with his arms wide open. Soon, Penelope found herself engulfed in the man's embrace.

"Hello to you as well, Felix." Penelope greeted with a smile, patting the man's back.

Felix pulled away from the hug and gave her his brightest grin, "Thank goodness, you're awake! We tried to visit you many times but that ruby-eyed man always kicks us out with a scowl on his face."

Penelope chuckled at Felix's words before looping her arms with his. It's a good thing that she does this so often that Felix doesn't shy away from her anymore.

"He's just like that, always grumpy, like a cranky cat." Penelope said, walking the halls of the Imperial Palace together with Felix.

"By the way, Penelope. How long have you been awake? And what brings you here?" Felix asks curiously.

"I've been awake for a week, honestly. Sorry if I didn't send a letter or anything, I was busy with handling problems left and right. And I came here to see my fiancé and talk with Prince Anastacius." Penelope replies, opening her fan with a flick.

"His Highnesses are sparring in the courtyard, shall we go there?" Felix offered, smiling.

Penelope nodded as a response and allowed Felix to lead her through the halls and into the courtyard where she saw the two brothers sparring with each other using wooden swords.

[Host, the second Prince might be stronger in terms of magic but the Crown Prince surely bests him in the way of the sword.]

'Quite right, Tongtong. However, my eyes are trained on the way Anastacius's sweat travels down to his neck.'

[Host. I'm not even surprised that you're able to see that, such a keen eye when it comes to the Crown Prince.]

'Oh hush.'

"Pardon my interruption, Your Highnesses! But we have a visitor!" Felix announced, hiding Penelope behind his back.

'Men and their fucking height.' She grumbles into her mind.

The sounds of wooden swords clashing stopped as both brothers turned to Felix with a questioning look, they both placed the wooden swords on the table and walked closer to where Felix stood.

"Felix? Who is it? And where have you been?" Anastacius asks, wiping away the sweat on his forehead with the towel that he and Claude swept off from the table earlier.

Felix shrugs before stepping aside to show Penelope, "It's Lady Judith, Your Highnesses. And I was hiding from you both."

The brothers upon seeing Penelope quickly had a look of surprise on their faces before it was swept away.

"What? Weeks of not seeing your fiancée and you're not even giving her a greeting nor a hug?" Penelope asks, crossing her arms as she stares at Claude.

Claude scowled at her before taking a step forward and pulling her to his chest roughly, "I am not glad to see you."

"Wow, Claude. That hurts my feelings you know, I'm not glad to see you too." Penelope says dryly before pushing him away and returning his scowl.

"Brother." Claude calls at his silent brother who's busy staring at the emerald-eyed woman. Anastacius, upon hearing his name called, quickly snapped out of whatever he's thinking then smiled at Claude.