Chapter 43

SILENCE GRUNTED and slowly open her eyes. Kumurap-kurap siya at ramdam niya ang panghihina ang katawan niya at gutom. She looked around and noticed that she was home, in Mir's bedroom.

Napalunok siya at bumilis ang tibok ang puso niya dahil sa maaring sabihin ni Mir. He must be livid after everything.

She sighed and slowly sat but she freaked out when she realized her ankles are cuffed with leather cuffs connected to a long gold chain.

"What-"

"I'm glad you're awake."

She sucks a breath when Mir's cold and passionless voice breaks the silence of the room. When her eyes gaze on his, she swallowed and suddenly felt the room is too small for the two of them.

"I..." Silence looked down and doesn't know what to say. "Yeah... Good thing I-I w-wake up..." She stammered.

"You hungry?" Naupo ito sa kama matapos ilapag ang dala nitong tray ng pagkain. Hindi niya makuhang magtaas ng mukha pero tumango siya.

"Here's the food. Eat and tell me if you would want to have more. I'll be just over in the sitting space doing my works," anito saka tumayo.

"W-Wait..." Tinignan niya ito.

Tumigil ito at napalabi siya dahil hindi nabura ang lamig ng tingin nito.

"W-Why I am cuffed?" She asked hesitantly.

"You guess?" He cocked up his brow as his jaw moved and his lips pursed.

Silence coyly smiled but she end up grimacing. "Because I was terrible?" she asked but mentally she was sure.

Huminga ito saka tumalikod. "You were not terrible but not nice either."

Silence played with the duvet. "I'm sorry..." She whispered. "I didn't expect for it to end up like how it did. I'm really sorry, Mir."

"Neither did I expect that you'll be keeping something from me again," he said in a thick sarcasm without looking at her.

Nakagat niya ang pang-ibabang labi at pinigilan ang sarili na magtanong pa. Humihilab ang dibdib niya dahil nasasaktan siya dahil sa klase ng pakikitungo nito sa kanya.

"If you're wondering what happened to L, she has not yet been found. We don't know if she's alive or not but she could be dead."

Parang bumagsak ang puso niya sa narinig. Kahit na ganon ang ginawa ni L ay hindi niya hihilingin na may mangyaring masama dito.

"H-How's my real father?" She asked instead.

"How'd you know he's your father?"

"The jerk that dragged me told me about it."

Nakita niya ang tipid na tango nito. "He left for Italy. That's where he stays often I guess. He's a mafia boss."

"Hindi ba siya nag-iwan ng salita para sa akin?"

"He'll be back, that's what he said." Malalim itong huminga. "Eat already. I have something to do."

Silence hummed and reached for her food and eat in silence. When she was done, she looked at Mir who was still in front of his laptop, ignoring her.

"Mir..." Tawag niya dito.

Lumingon ito at lihim na lang siyang napabuntong-hininga dahil sa malamig parin ang mga mata nito. There were no shades of softness and niceness. It was frigid and just empty.

"I want to use the bathroom and take a bath," aniya sa mahinang boses at nagbawi ng tingin dahil hindi niya matagalan ang lamig sa mata nito.

Tumayo ito saka lumapit sa paanan ng kama at kinalas ang posas sa dalawang paa niya.