Three

The next morning Benjamin woke up to the morning sun shining through the windows and a throbbing pain throughout his body. He looked up when he saw Wanda walking towards the little kitchen. To say that he wasn't intrigued by the little witch would be an understatement. He knew that he wanted to get to know her. Something about her just drew him in and he was curious.

"Do you want pancakes?" She asked him as she started to get the things she needed.

"Please." He replied from where he lay on the sofa. He groaned as he sat up before he checked his wounds. He could see the bruises on his ribs and arms.

"I know the sofa isn't the most comfortable but I only have one room." She said with an apologetic look.

"No, it's fine. The sofa is comfortable its just I didn't expect to be this sore." He told her honestly.

"I've got some painkillers for after you've ate." She told him as she finished cooking. He watched as she moved around the kitchen, it seemed to be her sanctuary, and seemed at peace whenever she cooked.

"So, Wanda. Where are you from?" He asked her.

"I'm from Sokovia." She said sadly.

"I'm sorry for asking." He said noticing her deflating shoulders.

"No. It's ok. It just reminds me of everyone I've lost." She told him sadly as she carried their plates over.

"I know what it's like to lose someone. It's never easy, especially when they were your whole world." He told her as he looked at her softly.

"So you know what it's like." She told him as she ate her food.

"Yeah, I lost my mum when I was 8. She was walking home one night from the free clinic that she ran down in Brooklyn and she was mugged. They stabbed her twice in the chest. She tried to call my dad but he was busy so she left a voicemail." He told her sadly. "He had her last words on his voicemail, begging for his help and he wasn't there for her."

"I'm sorry Benjamin. I was 10 when I lost my parents. They died during the war that was going on at the time. We were all sat watching my favourite show. It was the happiest moment in my life only for it to turn into my worst nightmare in a matter of seconds." She told him sadly. He gave her knee a gentle squeeze to reassure her. "Then it was just Pietro and I left until he was murdered by Ultron. And now it's just me." She said as she wiped away some of her tears. He watched as she stood up abruptly to go to the kitchen with the dishes that they had used.

"Benjamin." He heard a voice in his head. He looked around to check if it was Wanda but she had her back to him so he shrugged it off.

"Benjamin." He heard it again. This time louder. Wanda even perked her head up a little hearing the voice unsure of what it was. When they didn't hear it again they just let it go thinking they must be tired.

"Hey, do you have a shower around here that I can use or do you just go and have a dip in the lake?" He asked her with a teasing smirk.

"Uh yes." She replied with a growing blush on her cheeks. He just gave her an amused grin.

"So shower or lake?" He smirked at her. She shook her head before responding.

"Uhm the shower is right through here. I'll get you a towel and some more clothes but I will have to change your dressings when you're done." She told him as she disappeared to get him some clothes and a towel. He thanked her before he disappeared behind the closed door as Wanda just shook her head before deciding to get the supplies ready for his wounds. Once he was finished, he sat on the sofa ready for her to redress his injuries. He was sat in a pair of jogger shorts, Wanda blushed when she gazed over his toned torso. Yeah she has saw Steve and Bucky with toned bodies but they were super soldiers. This is the first time she has had an attraction to someone.

Once she had finished she decided that she was going to go for a walk around the lake while Benjamin decided to have a sleep.

"Benjamin." The voice said once Wanda was gone which made him shoot up.

"Who's there?" He said startled.

"My name is Khonshu. I am an Egyptian God of Vengeance." They said.

"Why can't I see you?" He asked.

"Because I was banished by the other Gods to this side of the equator. They bound my soul into that ring on your finger." They said.

"Then how are you here but not?" He asked.

"You awoken me when you put on the ring and now my soul is bound to yours." They informed him. "If I had my full powers so would you. You would heal faster than you are now. In order for me to restore my powers we would need to go to the Temple of the Gods in Egypt."

"Nope, sorry definitely not going there." He told him.

"Well then that would render me a useless voice in your mind." They told him.

"Well then you may as well shut up and let me sleep." He told him as he lay down. Khonshu decided to let him rest and Benjamin eventually fell asleep peacefully before Wanda made it back.