9 Months

A/N little time jump! We go from 3 months to 9 months of age now :)

At first, Daniela loved her newfound freedom. She'd been able to do everything she wanted without her Mother constantly watching her every move, making sure she wasn't destroying the entire castle. But she slowly started to loathe it.

Now, she misses her overprotective mother. Ever since Y/N was born, her mother barely even had time for her. Everytime she tried to spend time alone with her mother, Y/N was there to take all of mother's attention.

Daniela was Mother's favorite, always has been always will be. Mother loved her the most and another sibling wasn't going to change that. She just needed to try a bit harder to make Mother realize it. Yes, that's it!

She thought about the times before Y/N was born, what did her and Mother love to do when they spent time together? Reading together! She always loved that. So Daniela decided to ask her to join her in the library. She swarmed over to Alcina's bedchambers, stopping in front of the door to knock on it.

"Come in." A voice came from inside. Daniela slowly opened the door to find her mother sitting on the settee with you in her lap. You were turned to her as she held you under your arms for stabilisation. "Come on, say 'Mama'." She spoke to you, but you just looked at her and giggled. Alcina sighed, gazing over to her redheaded daughter. "What's the matter, dearest?"

Daniela frowned as she looked at you, but quickly smiled at the tall woman. "Mother, I was wondering if you would like to join me in the library? I miss reading together… just the two of us." The girl had big doe eyes to try and convince her mother. Alcina chuckled at her former youngest daughter's antics.

"Of course, I'd love to. Can you get Bela so she can watch Y/N?" You put your thumb in your mouth to replace the pacifier that wasn't around at the moment. You turned your head to your sister, making some babbling noises but not being able to say words yet.

"Yes!" Daniela chirped as she quickly swarmed away to find her sister. Both Cassandra and Bela were down in the dungeons, the screams of a poor unfortunate maiden could be heard as she swarmed down the stairs. "Bela!" Daniela exclaimed, startling the blonde.

Bela sighed, pinching the bridge of her nose as she turned away from her victim. "Yes, Dani?"

"You need to watch our little sister." She says, manifesting in front of Bela.

"But I'm busy!" The eldest daughter protested, gesturing to the crying maid behind her.

Daniela crossed her arms in front of her chest, her eyebrows furrowing as she huffed. "Cassandra is fully capable of handling this herself. Mother needs you."

Bela rolled her eyes. Daniela knows her too well, she wouldn't deny their mother's request. "Fine. Let's go."

The redhead's eyes twinkled as a wide smile spread across her face. "Great!"

Bela turned to Cassandra. "Hey, leave some fun for me. I'm the one that caught her."

Cassandra scoffed. "I won't promise anything. It's not my problem that you can't say 'no' to Mother." Bela glared at the brunette, who just laughed, before turning to follow Daniela.

The two of them swarmed back to Alcina's chambers. Daniela was going way faster than Bela, already thrilled to spend time with her mother. It was the only thing she could think about all day. The girl burst through the door, making Alcina jump. You also got a jumpscare because of her and you were on the verge of crying, but your mother quickly soothed you. She pulled you closer to her and kissed the top of your head. "Be careful, Daniela." She stated, glaring at the girl.

Bela was right behind your sister. "Dani, can you just slow down?" The blonde sighed.

"Sorry." Daniela blushed. Alcina picked you up carefully and handed you over to Bela, who rested you on her hip.

"Have fun, you two." Your mother said as she kissed you and Bela on the top of your heads. Then her and Daniela walked out of the room. Well, Daniela practically sprinted out of the room.

"You're ecstatic today." Alcina noted, frowning at her daughter as they made their way to the library. Daniela was skipping next to her mother the whole way over there.

"I'm just happy to spend time with you, Mother." The girl smiled as she turned around to look up at Alcina. This almost made her bump into a nearby vase. Alcina managed to catch it just in time, chuckling as she put it back in place.

"What did we agree on, Daniela?"

"Always look where you're going." She answered, looking at the ground with a guilty grin. Alcina hummed and the pair quickly made their way to the library where they spent the next few hours reading together. The matriarch was sitting on a sofa, her daughter's head resting on her lap as they were both quietly reading their own books.

There was a soft knock on the door, quickly followed by the door opening. The two women gaze over to where Bela now stood, resting you on her hip and your arms tightly around her neck as your head rested in the crook of her neck.

"Mother." Bela started. "I think Y/N's hungry. I tried giving her blood to see if she has the same diet as you, but she spat it out immediately."

"Perhaps she was lucky and didn't inherit my…" Alcina stopped, swallowing as she thought back about her time before receiving the Cadou. How she hated being bedridden day in and day out.

"We know, Mother." Bela smiled empathetically. Alcina moved to carefully lift Daniela off of her, but the girl protested with a moan and stayed put on her mother's lap.

"Daniela…" Alcina sighed, petting her daughter's head. "We've been reading all afternoon. I can't stay away from Y/N all day…"

"But you promised we would spend time together!" The girl retorts.

Alcina now frowned, starting to get confirmation on her theories on why Daniela was so hellbent on spending time together. "And we did. The entire afternoon. Honestly, Daniela-"

"Dani." A soft voice suddenly said and everyone looked at you with wide eyes. You were now turned in your sister's arms, observing your mother and your sister.

"Did you just say that?" Bela gasps, rocking you slightly.

"She said my name?!" Daniela jumped up from the sofa and was in front of you within a blink of an eye. Suddenly she felt proud that her name was your first word. Alcina slowly stood up as well, making her way over to the trio.

"I think she did!" Your mother laughed. "Can you say that again, sweetheart?"

You glance between the three women, feeling a bit overwhelmed. "Say 'Dani'!" The redhead encourages you.

"Dani." You repeat softly, looking at your mother and everyone cheers for you, making you laugh.

"Good girl!" Your mother praises. Although she is a bit disappointed that your first word wasn't 'Mama', she is proud that you managed to speak for the first time. And saying 'Dani' was way harder than 'Mama'.

"Good job, Little One!" Bela chuckles, hugging you tightly. Daniela motions for her sister to hand you over to her. The blonde complies and carefully gives you to Daniela, who also gives you a tight hug.

"I'm so proud of you, Y/N!" She exclaims. The jealousy had faded away and was replaced by pride. "I knew I was your favorite sister!" Daniela said and Bela playfully rolled her eyes. Of course that's the first thing her redheaded sister thinks about.

"We should show Cassi!" Daniela states as she rests you on her hip and runs out of the room. Luckily she remembered she can't swarm away with you in her arms, but this  still made both Bela and Alcina gasp.

"Daniela, be careful!" They yelled in unison, speeding after the girl.