39

The room was engulfed with silence as the pitter-patter of the scarlet rain became more evident. The pungent smell made Freya's brows scrunch up.

"It started raining." She cupped his face softly.

"Don't avoid the question." His eyes narrowed.

Freya's brows raised, "...I'm not-"

Caiden turned his head and chomped on her palm, expressing his current mood. Freya jolted out of surprise, gazing disbelievingly at the man who had his half-lidded eyes staring at her with indolence.

"Why did you even bother to tell them when you're just going to lie about your identity?" Caiden nuzzled against her palm. "Even making us swear a blood oath."

"...I didn't. I am the medium where the core gets mana from. I just didn't reveal the whole truth, it's not lying. It's not ideal to put them in danger. "

Caiden hummed and tilted his head, "Can you answer my previous question now?"

She let out a helpless sigh, "I don't know. It reconnected with me not long ago. I'm not sure to what extent it could influence me this time."

Caiden's heart shook as his eyes started tearing up. The light in the room enhanced his watery amethyst eyes, it was hard to ignore.

Freya felt her heart melting into a mush, her gaze softened immediately.

"I have angel blood in me, I doubt it can control me completely. Look on the brighter side, will you?" Freya licked away his tears away, "Tasty. Your tears taste unexpectedly delicious. Mmph-"

Her lips were suddenly subdued by her lover, she had no time to catch her breath. His wet tongue explored her mouth akin to searching for treasure in a deep cave.

Freya felt dizzy from the heat, clutching his clothes tightly to keep her consciousness. Her aquamarine eyes which were fogged with a layer of mist closed as she melted into the passionate kiss.

Caiden pulled away after a few minutes, resisting the temptation to go for another round of tongue tug-of-war. Freya was still in a daze. Those eyes tinged with redness and swollen lips were full of enticement, extremely alluring.

Caiden's jaw clenched, he was no monk. Having his lover looking at him so teasingly, green veins protruded his forehead as he held back.

Freya was still silently recovering from the smooch.

Caiden thought as his thumb grazed her lips, 'These were the only times when she would behave.'

He leaned in and licked her lips once more. He would never let her go again. Such a sweet baby, he wanted to lock her up and made sure she belonged to only him.

But...he could never bear to make her unhappy. Maybe... some other time in the future.

Her hazy eyes slowly regained their original skittishness, "Oh, you stopped crying. Hold back a little, won't you? You're taking advantage of a weak fourteen-year-old."

Caiden's gaze flicked towards her, who was the one who made him snap? But she had some point...

"Tsk, this is why I like your innocence before you regained your memories. You blushed so easily. Now, you're like a brute-mmph!"

Caiden felt that his reflection was futile, it was better to seal this disobedient mouth of hers.

The vibrant and luscious roses swayed in the background as the handsome man sat there straight and poised. He skimmed through several graphs, grasping the situation of his companies.