CHAPTER 20

Grecan was persistent. I realized it only then.

‘He doesn’t like Leberianz.’

In my previous lives, there was no way to know if the two of them in their previous lives were on good terms or not because they often ran in cooperation to take my heart.

Looking at them now, I don’t think they would have gotten along well in our past lives.

A question has been solved. ‘Come to think of it, I felt like they were trying to take a prey rather than a companion back then.’

Mirania trembled slightly when she recalled the terrible glare of the two in her previous lives.

As her hands became tense, her body stiffened as she embraced Grecan.

“…?”

Grecan’s eyes narrowed curiously, feeling the pressure from her touch.

“I can’t believe I’m acting as a nanny for my enemies.”

Mirania lamented once more, but there’s nothing she could do to break this tough circle of fate.

Mirania sighed and grabbed the training ball that Grecan spit out.

“It is an order. You can’t touch that coffin, understand?”

The night of obedience flashed and Grecan won’t be able to touch Leberianz.

Mirania was still worried, so she asked again. “Do you get it?”

Grecan rolled his eyes with a displeased expression then nodded.

Nod, nodㅡ

Seeing that he nodded slightly, Mirania tried to play fetch with Grecan, but he sat down.

Mirania glanced at Grecan, feeling reassured she spoke to him innocently. “You’re quite heavy now.”

When did you gain so much weight, now you’re too heavy for me to hold in my arms? At the moment I had no choice but to let go of Grecan.

Whoosh~

Plentiful black hair was sucked in, and the four shaggy legs became the immature limbs of a child.

Looking at Grecan, who suddenly transformed into his human form, Mirania blinked her eyes.

“Why all of a sudden?”

I was confused, but I prepared something for cases like this.

Summoning a large cloth, Mirania wrapped the cloak around Grecan’s lower body. Grecan said nothing. His face was still grumpy.

“What’s the problem?”

Mirania, who wasn’t well accustomed to raising children and had never participated in child-rearing with a young witch, became frustrated with Grecan’s behaviour, expressing dissatisfaction only with his expression.

She eventually sighed, and lifted Grecan and the ball at the same time.

“I don’t know why you feel bad… Let’s go outside and play.”

And before I knew it, throwing and fetching the ball was not a training or penalty in a form of discipline, but a game

Grecan remained silent and petulant.

However, he grabbed Mirania’s arms with both hands.

Before the door closed, Grecan’s bleak gaze reached the black coffin.

Just as all living things have parents that they gave birth to, Mirania’s parents were witches.