23 | Today

"I would love to pick you up after you finish work but I have practice and the coach won't let me leave early! I will make it up to you!" Hayden says

"I would love to pick you up after you finish work but I have practice and the coach won't let me leave early! I will make it up to you!" Hayden says. After I spend the night at his place he drove me back to my house but waited for me so he could drive me to work.

I don't even know why I call it to work, it's more to practice for my knowledge.

"It's okay Hayden! It's a good day today so I might as well walk home!" I smile as Hayden licks his bottom lip and smirks at me. His eyes focused on mine. "Okay angel! I will try to leave early tho!" He smiles as he leans in and his lips lock with mine. 

"Okay!" I mumble in the kiss. I break the kiss, grab my bag and turn to give him a kiss on the cheek."Bye!" 

"Bye! Text me if you need anything." He says as I get out of the car. I give him a thumbs up and run inside the hospital considering I am late.

I go to my locker and change into the white coat and grab my notebook.

"There she is!" I turn towards the door and see Leo enter the locker room. "Hey!" I say awkwardly.

"How have you been doing buttercup?" He says as he puts on the white coat and leaves his bag inside his locker.

"I am good! How about you?" I ask.

"Mehh I have been better!" I grab my notebook and close my locker. "So Hayden Smith is your boyfriend?"

"I wouldn't say 'boyfriend'!" I say with a small smile to the word. "So that means you are single?" He says as he rests his body against the lockers.

"Why do you care dumbass?" I laugh as I walk out of the room. "No reason!" I hear him yell.

I make my way down the hall to the main desk. "Aila! Dr. Clark will be here any minute!" The main nurse, Gabby, told me and I stand by the desk. "Here is the file for the next patient if you want to look at it beforehand!" Gabby says as she hands me the file.

"Sure!" I take the file in my hands and open it.

The name reads Bryan Jones seems like he is up for adoption. As I read through the file I came across the sentence 'mentally abused by his foster dad.'

What a monster does to a kid? An eleven-year-old child.

What is wrong with people?

Apparently, Bryan comes for visits here every 2 weeks, as the report says he is emotionally unstable and I don't blame him. "Good morning Aila! You ready for the first patient of the day!" Dr.Clark says as he takes the file from the desk and reads through it.

"Ah, Bryan! He is a good kid! He is emotionally unstable and we can't push for questions he isn't ready to answer. Come on!" He leads me back to Bryan's room.

"Hello, Bryan! Happy to see you again!" Dr.Clark does a handshake with Bryan and he sits next to him. It is so nice to see how Dr.Clark makes these kids comfortable around him.