Four - Brendon Urie's Ass on a Scale of 1-10

Pete:

I didn't get nervous. Nervous wasn't a word in my vocabulary. No, I simply got...

Anxious.

Apprehensive.

Edgy.

But never nervous; nervous was something people who weren't in control of the situation got, and I was always in control... or I would make sure I was. I was definitely in control of the situation today - I had chosen everything: where we would meet, when we would meet and even how we would meet.

You see, I was meeting Them today, and it had to be perfect. They were pretty perfect to be honest. Even though I say They, I'm pretty sure They're of the female gender. Not only would almost no boys go for a book like Gray in the first place, but not many guys I know would describe people as "cute!!" or "pretty".

Well, except when describing Andy Biersack - then maybe I could tolerate it.

But yeah, I was finally meeting Them and this stupid class was not helping. Or maybe it was just the people I was stuck taking it with - Brendon, Gerard and I had somehow got it into our heads that music was going to be an easy A. We mainly just mucked about in one of the practice rooms: Gerard blasted out Beyoncé songs whilst Brendon did what he liked to call a 'sexy' dance and I sat in the corner messing around with a bass and thinking about committing genocide.

"How good does my butt look right now? Go on Pete, is it a ten? It's at least an 8.5, right? "

"Brendon. For the last time, I am not going to rate your ass on a scale of one to ten. It's just not a thing I do, sorry."

"Awe Pete, your such a killjoy sometimes. I'm sure Gee will be glad to rate my ass, right Ger-"

Gerard just stuck his middle finger up, which made Brendon go sulk in the corner. Thankfully the corner opposite to mine. I was not in the mood to put up with an attention-deprived Brendon Urie right now: that took just too much effort that I was not willing to give.

Of course, Brendon being Brendon, he was not going to be able to 'sulk' for more than two minutes at a time. "Hey, are you guys busy later? I was wondering if-"

"No."

Gerard and I shared that moment of holy-shit-we-just-did-that feeling when you say something in-sync before looking over at Brendon guiltily. As much as he was annoying, you couldn't but help to feel like you'd just told a kid Christmas was cancelled whenever you say no to Brendon Urie. Which was perhaps why he got so many girls to say yes to him - it certainly wasn't his benevolent attitude, that's for sure.

"Whyyyyyyyyyy?"

I waited for Gerard to speak first, but when he didn't I was left to think of an excuse, and quick.

"Um... my mum - she, she's got this... thing?"

"Thing?"

"Yes, thing. You know... the thing."

"Oooh. The thing."

I had no idea what he was talking about, but I decided to just go with it. Hopefully he didn't think the thing was too bad, but that's the kind of thing you never know with Brendon - he has a very over reactive imagination. By now I'm pretty sure he's high most of the time. If not, I would be seriously concerned for his mental health. In fact, I probably should be if he's on drugs most of the time... Eh.