22-twenty-two

The day was new, and the construction would officially start today. Many adults stayed up until midnight just so they could properly plan a better structure for the new Casíta.

While they were busy building, the younger people would take to caring for the old and the young.

The breakfast was delicious, as expected from the Madrigals' own chef, Julieta. Everyone took their time relishing the meal. The woman could make even just a common food like egg taste like a gourmet dish.

"We'll go now, you all take care of yourselves." Agustin waved as he held the door open for everyone else.

You and the Madrigal sisters wave back, each of your parents exitted the house, slowly, one-by-one.

┅┅┅┅┅┅

There was not much to do in the house, besides working on your own hobbies, and taking care of the toddler that is your baby sister.

Minutes turn to hours, as you repeated the same routine, rocking the baby and checking to see if she's hungry.

Your enthusiasm faded each minute that passed. Even if you were already aware of how to properly raise your baby sister, there was no changing the fact that this could get redundant really quickly.

And the silence between everyone did not help either. Very few words were exchanged, even between the sisters. The occasional sentences they would say would barely even be full sentences, sentences like "You good?" or "Your turn."

Taken by the lack of work, Isabela finally broke and asked the lingering question in everyone's mind.

"Can we do something else?" Isabela continued to rock Jasmine in her arms.

"I know, but we have to take care of Jasmine." Luisa was at the sink, washing the dishes that you ate on earlier.

Mirabel sat on the mattress, bored, "Can't we just leave one person to take care of Jasmine? I mean it shouldn't be THAT hard."

"Oh, come on, I've been doing this alot since she was born." You sighed.

"Well, can we leave you here to take care of her?" Isabela groaned, and extends her arms with Jasmine still on them.

You think about it for a second, you wanted to help to, but if someone had to stay behind to look after your sister, then it should most definitely be you.

"Okay, fine. I'll stay here with her." You carefully grab her from Isabela, and rested her small body on your arms.

"Oh, thank you. We'll try to see if we can get someone else to look after Jasmine."  Isabela cheered as she stood up on the mattress.

Mirabel also rejoiced behind you, you could feel the cloth pulling from the girl's ecstatic movement.

Luisa continued to clean the pots and plates, but she still remembed to show how happy she was to help the Encanto.

"Goodluck on the construction!" You wave to the two sisters, Isabela and Mirabel, as they headed out first, Luisa was sure to follow after she had placed the plates and utensils back in the cabinet.

┅┅┅┅┅┅

You lay on the mattress, tending to all of your sister's needs, while your family and the family that stayed with you were off working on the Casíta.

"You wanna go outside?" You asked the baby, you didn't expect a response, because you were going to go outside with her either way.

Jasmine cooed like a bird, she didn't tell you what she really wanted, but you assumed that she agreed with you.