012. messy kitchen

"dude, you're making a mess!"

"you started it, den."

"did not."

"did to."

the two were currently rubbing flour on each other's faces while waiting for the cookies to bake.

"you look like a snowman." clementine pointed as she laughed.

"so do you."

the two laughed as the oven beeped, indicating that the cookies were finished.

denzel put oven mitts on both hands before opening the oven, the warm air that came from the oven had the sweet smell of chocolate and freshly baked dough.

the smell reminded clementine a lot of her grandmother's house, she missed her. to denzel, the smell reminded him of childhood, he hasn't had cookies in a long time.

placing the two trays of cookies onto the stove, he grabbed a spatula to transfer the cookies onto a cooling rack, feeling clementine's eyes watching his every move, but he didn't mind.

"your eyes are burning into the side of my head." denzel joked, earning a laugh from clementine.

"that sentence made you sound like a book nerd... and i'm the one who reads."

"hey, i read too!"

"barely! you read like two genres from what i saw on your shelf."

the two sat at the dining table as they munched on their milk and cookies, just talking about random things that came to mind.

"it's still raining, can we take a walk?" clementine asked, eating her last cookie.

"my umbrella isn't that big for the both of us, you can use it. i'll use my hood." denzel smiled, grabbing a hoodie from his coat hanger before slipping his converse on.