chapter 42

N O Q U E S T I O N S A S K E D

After finally convincing Antonio to leave, I got up and headed back to my room

I hopped into the shower and got ready for the day. I decided to go for some sort of formal yet simple look.

I had asked Logan to drive me to my university because I had to meet up with a few of my professors.

After what felt like forever apologizing to him for not letting him know in advance, he finally got his ass up and drove me over.

"Oh... you're walking in with me," I clear my throat as Logan follows me into my university.

Does he have to?

I made my way to three of my professors to clarify a few things that I was uncertain about. Most students and professors stared at Logan but I ignored them.

Take him, please.

He was tall and wore a suit.

After all my questions were answered, he and I headed down the stairs.

I got stopped by a man with a blonde buzz cut.

"Nirah?" he smiles hesitantly and I slowly nod. "It's me, Jensen," he smiles and I frown in confusion. "You don't remember me?" he asks and I shake my head.

"I'm sorry," I awkwardly chuckle.

He sighs, crossing his arms over his chest.

"First year. Literature class. You threw an ice pack at my head..." he slowly trails off and my eyes grow wide.

"Oh my God!" I laugh as I remember him. I lean in, throwing my arms around him. "How have you been?" I smile pulling away.

"Great actually," he nods and I hear Logan groan. "Don't worry. Jensen's cool," I nod.

"I don't see you in years and then you show up with a bodyguard? What are you... the president?" he teases and I can't help but chuckle.

"Long story."

"You could tell it to me over coffee," he suggests and I look down at my watch.

"I'd love to but I have wedding things to plan and all that."

"Excuse me?" he raises a brow and I can't help but laugh.

"Fuck," I mentally face palm myself. "Yeah, I- yeah," I nod and he looks dumbfounded.

"Nirah Joy is getting married?" he asks and I nod. "There's a man out there that's willing to put up with you?" he teases and I scoff, rolling my eyes.

"Like anyone would want your sorry ass," I narrow my eyes at him and he shows me his ring. "Kidnapping her and slapping a ring on your finger doesn't count as marriage," I cross my arms over my chest.