Chapter 21

WEDNESDAY
2:30PM

Tyquez is driving while Jordan is sitting in the passenger's seat. They just got done with their session. They didn't talk much after realizing all the differences that one another had. They weren't mad at each other. It was just more so awkward.

"...Tyquez", said Jordan while looking through the window.

"What?", asked Tyquez.

"I know you don't like how things are going but this will work for us", said Jordan. "We said a lot of things today but it doesn't change how I feel about you...about how much I love you"

Tyquez held her hand. He didn't say anything. He just kept looking forward and driving.

"...so no response?", she asked.

"I just don't have anything to say baby. I don't feel any type of way either ", said Tyquez.

"Mahogany wants me to go out with her tonight. I guess it's her little bachelorette party", said Jordan.

"Mmm, don't get fucked up like you did the last time", said Tyquez with a chuckle.

"Oh my gosh. I was drunk as fuck", said Jordan. "They wanted to get me drunk and chile I spilt all the  tea on us."

"Yea so don't do that tonight with Mahogany.", said Tyquez.

"I know. The therapist said keep issues within the relationship", said Jordan.

"Exactly", said Tyquez.

"Anyways, I need to go buy something to wear", said Jordan.

"All them clothes you got in that closet", said Tyquez.

"Yea but she's having a Mardi Gras, carnival, whatever you wanna call it theme", said Jordan.

"Woah Woah, you mean like dressing like them girls who have too much showing with the feathers and shit", said Tyquez.

"Yea but I won't be having any feathers.", said Jordan.

"And where y'all going dressed like that?", asked Tyquez.

"To some club that's doing that theme tonight and then to her house for a sleepover", said Jordan.

"You don't need to be going to a club dressed like that", said Tyquez.

"Everybody is going to be dressed like that. Not like I'm going to stand out", said Jordan.

"I don't know if you look in the mirror when you dressed but you half naked is something to look at", said Tyquez.

"I have a boyfriend", said Jordan. "And if they don't understand that than they'll just have to hear about how good you are"

"Or bad", said Tyquez.

"It was a mistake. Relationships have trial and error. Just don't let it happen again and we'll be cool", said Jordan.

"Yea I know", said Tyquez.

"But um..I let you go out and have fun. I don't call you or interrupt you so let me get that time too", said Jordan.

"Okay", said Tyquez.

Jordan looks back out of the window.

9:00 PM

Jordan tilts her head back as she takes a shot.

"Ayyye", said Mahogany and her friends.

Jordan starts dancing to the music with Mahogany and the other girls.