,-•⌑୨❷̣̣̣❷̣̣̣୧⌑•-,

Pic ain't mine, credits to @Takayama_Kieran on Twitter.

♪~A bird with broken wings can't fly~♪

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Y/N settled on a chair by the mattress, on it was the blonde boy, asleep and serene in his dreams inside the quiet and safe space of his room. Bright sunlight poured in the unstained windows, bestowing the room a warm touch. A sense of peace and calmness was felt around the silent room.

It was Philza who carried the boy here, after cleaning and carefully slipping on new clothing on him. While Y/N had cleaned herself and had a change of attire. She then redressed her wounded arm with new bandages. Philza had no knowledge of her injury, it was best if he doesn't know.

He sat at the edge of the bed by Tommy's head, staring at the boy as he slumbered, silence filling the air that Y/N decided to break. "Phil," she calls as she eyes the sleeping kid. Philza hums in acknowledgment, his eyes darting away from Tommy to the girl. "if you don't mind... When I was treating his wound earlier, I noticed two light scars along his back."

She wondered where it was from, meeting the eyes of the man who was peering at her. The sentence hung in the air as Philza gazes back at Tommy as he slept soundly. She too glanced at the boy –again– when she received no answer, she just sat there quietly, staring silently. Then Philza sighs.

"When they were young, Tommy complained to me about something on his back." he began, reckoning back through the old days when they were all children. "That's when I, well we, discovered he had wings." he smiles at the memory, though his smile was far from the bright grin he shows every time.

Y/N only gazed at him as she listened intently, waiting for him to continue his story. "They were small and as white as snow. As Tommy grew, it grew with him. It didn't grow as big as mine, well, it wasn't able to." Philza pauses for a moment, breathing another sigh. "When he was 15, he told me he didn't want them."

A bleak smile played on his lips as he enunciate more of it. Y/N had now connected the dots, they cut his wings off... She frowns slightly as she asks. "Why?"

Philza started running his hands carefully through Tommy's blonde curls, causing the boy to stir slightly but remain asleep. "Neither Wil nor Techno had wings but, it was mostly because of Wil so he told me; he'd rather be bound to the earth than to be able to fly without them."

Upon hearing those words, a wave of –non-romantic– affection surges through her chest, as she smiles sadly at the boy. Y/N imagined a smaller version of Tommy, running around with his eburnean wings, smiling brightly.

"Tommy has a closer relationship with Wilbur." Y/N stated the obvious, pointing at the elephant in the room to avoid the silence that had spread yet again.

"He does. He got close with Wil quite fast." Philza smiles as he nods at the small memory, a fond look washing over his face. "They'd both annoy Techno non-stop."

"They still do, but mostly Tommy." she muttered, mostly to herself as she continued. "Is it because Techno's very quiet and antisocial in his young years?"

"Absolutely. And he still is, just not as much like before."

Y/N chuckles softly, thinking of how introverted Technoblade could get. Though the train of thought was pummeled away by a very random idea. "They're like twins..." she mumbles, with Philza humming at her in question. "Wil and Techno, they're quite the opposite of each other."