m e s s a g e #10

Dear McKenzie,

It's been a couple of months since we last talked. Since we ended our friendship. But, it feels like years. Years and years. There are certain times when I do miss you, where I think about our memories we had, the memories of you dating my ex bestfriend, Courtney,

But, I got hurt because of you. You and her both caused me unimaginable pain. You hurt me, used me, betrayed me and most importantly.. played me. You bullied me until I ended up self-harming. You lied and said you'd broken up with her and you said you had a "crush" on me, which I said so stupidly "I do too." But, I only said it as a joke.

You then said that you two were actually together.. you used me and then turned EVERYONE against me. I had to move schools because of you. You're partly to blame. You made me have therapy.

You left a dark hole in my heart and you shattered it into pieces one by one, each and every day.

And I'm sorry. I'm sorry wasn't a great friend to you. I caused this. I caused everything. It's my fault. I caused our friendship to end dreadfully.

But, I'll always remember when you'd stick up for me. You'd tell me to love myself and you'd tell me it'd all be okay when times were dark. Those moments I'll be forever grateful for. But the things you did are unforgivable. I can never forgive you after what you did. You turned all my friends against me, all except one: my best friend who hates you and your guts for what you caused.

You're selfish, arrogant and a horrendous person. But guess what? Karma has found it's way to you because Courtney broke up with you, didn't she? Now you're miserable at school and now you know how it feels.

But, thank you for the kind messages you sent, the momentous and memorable laughter we had, the times where you stuck up for me. But, our time is up. The time is over. It's time we part.

Next time you think of me or look up to the sky, remember that this is my last and only apology.

Your mentally broken ex best friend,
Amara.

Dedicated from-
AmaraMaeWard