𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

PROLOGUE
DRUNK ESCAPADES

PROLOGUEDRUNK ESCAPADES

✧ ⋆ ☽ ✯ ☾ ⋆ ✧

She can't really pinpoint the exact time it happened. Actually, she can't even give out some sane explanation on why or how it happened either.

Nor does she know if it's supposed to be a miracle or a curse. Also, it wasn't like she was given any prior warning or anything. There are no clear instructions or manual about it either.

You know what... how about we retrace the last few steps so we can all understand just what the hell all this ranting is on about, yeah?

It was Thursday, the 14th of April. The day when the second chapter of KGF was set to release. And even though she wasn't from Karnataka, and doesn't reside in India considering her family settled in Britain long before she was born and is technically classified as an NRI, it didn't stop Aadhya's love for India or Indian cinemas.

And with KGF movie being such a big success, and Aadhya being an avid lover of violence, thriller, and horror genres, there is no way the blockbuster action movie would get past her sights unnoticed. And there's no way in hell she wouldn't wish to see the sequel of the movie on the first day either.

So, yes. Even though Aadhya had to attend her class on foreign policy that day, Aadhya made an exception, just so she could see the movie at the earliest possible moment for the fear that someone would post spoilers about it on Insta.

And that's probably where things took a turn for weird.

Because as soon as she barged out of the front door with a toast hanging between her lips, and took the car from the garage, a blinding light hit her eyes, making her stop the car with a screeching halt.

And suddenly, she felt the world around her crack as if she were tapping her way out of a shell. And then she was somewhere else.

The road, the car, the toast... everything vanished.

The bright morning sun could no longer be seen. Instead, in just a solid second gap, the sky was covered in a graveyard of stars, moonless. It's like she blacked out the whole day, which, of course, is impossible. And no, she is not on drugs. She did take an Advil the previous night, but that was for a headache.

Not only that, but it looks like she was no longer in her driveway either. Aadhya took a quick spin and found she was at what looked like a party. Not in a pub or a friend's house. The party was on the side of the road. And it seems there's a heavy traffic jam too.

She feels like her head is spinning.

No, she must be hallucinating.

All the outdated cars and buildings. No, there's no way she was in India. Just because she has been to India a couple of times doesn't mean she would forget how it looked. And crazily enough, the India she was looking at seemed outdated too.