[chapter thirty] take my hand

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

A nogitsune

I accidentally let a nogitsune, one of the most feared supernaturals in the world, second to me, into the world. More specifically Beacon Hills. Freya didn't know about what the supernatural creature was, only that the tales of them were enough to send chills through even the toughest of people, Klaus included.

So as I sat in my seat on the plane, with a bowl of strawberries, I couldn't help but let my mind wander back to Freya's words. They had sent everyone into panic, creating a room of chaos and yelling. The next few days went by slowly after that, all moving in a huge blur. Rebekah almost called a doctor because she was convinced I had turned mute, I hadn't, I just couldn't bring myself to talk to anyone.

I almost took their offer to stay with them, but when Freya explained that the supernaturals I let out would most likely be in Beacon Hills, because of the nemeton, I had no choice but to go back. So far, we had no information on what a nogitsune looked like, leaving us blind in the fight. 

The only thing we knew was that it will be drawn to me, giving us nothing to work with.

"Eat." Chris demanded before frustratedly pointing his finger at the bowl on my lap as he tried to convince me to finish my food for the hundredth time.

"I've eaten over half and I feel sick."

"Aires-"

"I'm not doing this on purpose!" I interrupted whilst throwing up my hands in defence. "After what happened these past few days I can't even stomach the idea of food, let alone try to keep anything down."

"Please." Allison whispered from beside me, giving me her puppy eyes as she just her bottom lip out in a pout.

With a roll of my eyes I plopped another strawberry into my mouth, giving the two a mocking smile. "Happy?" I mumbled through chews.

"More than you'll ever know." Chris shot back before giving me a genuine smile that made guilt seep in.

I didn't deserve him. After all my shit, he stuck around, that was more than would could be said about Derek.

"Have you heard from my brother?" I asked for the hundredth time.

Derek still hadn't returned any of my calls, putting me on edge. I tried to call him back to discuss Christmas plans, however, he had gone MIA. To make things worse, Aiden also wasn't answering his calls- he was probably drowning himself in a bottle, or he was with Alex

"No. I have left him several voicemails, if he doesn't answer I'll get in contact with some people and see if they can find him. I'm sure he's fine sweetheart."

After giving the Argent a small disappointed nod, I turned to Allison with a small inkling of hope. "Aiden?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, Ree." She whispered back.

I didn't know why I was disappointed. He wasn't answering my calls so why would he answer hers? Before I had the chance to voice my doubts, Allison jumped in.

"It's not your fault, you didn't choose Stiles to be the one who you had to shoot."

"I just don't get it. I told him I'm in love with him and after he pushed me away. He's a dick."

"Do you really love him?" She asked, worry creasing her features.

"I do."

She would never understand how we worked. We fought, we pushed each other to our limits, however we both loved each other- in our own twisted way we truly did, there was never a doubt about that. One day we could be healthy, one day we could find a balance. We would be together and both find comfort in things other than drugs and alcohol.