1

Y'all should listen to that song ^ it's v good

}{

"Mama?" Kirishima yelled, as he ran out of his bedroom into the living room where his mother sat. He held the bottom of his t-shirt - a dark blue shirt with designs of sharks printed all over the front - all the way up to his chin, leaving nearly the entirety of his torso exposed.

"Yes chiquito?" she responded, looking up from the book she had been reading.

"There's a lot more flowers."

"What do you mean, mijo?"

"The soulmate flowers. There's a bunch of 'em."

Kirishima's mother turned towards where her son stood, shirt still pulled all the way up to his chin, revealing not only his bare torso but also mounds of tiny orange petals falling from his sides in orderly lines. Every few seconds, the petals would begin emerging from yet another line on Kirishima's torso.

"Eijiro.." She whispered, eyes wide at the sight in front of her. Kirishima was only 11, and his soulmate's age was likely similar - how could this happen to someone so young? She wrapped her arms around Kirishima, pulling him tight into her chest, one hand rested on his back and the other around the back of his head. "It'll be okay."

"What do you mean Mama? What's wrong?"

"Eijiro..Your soulmate..." Ms. Kirishima began saying, unsure about how to proceed. "They're having a hard time. I'm gonna make us some tea, then we can talk about it a bit more, okay?"

With a nod, Kirishima ran across the room and hopped onto the sofa, leaving a trail of flower petals behind him everywhere he stepped. In the kitchen, Kirishima's mother, Hikari, put on the water kettle, and gripped onto the counter letting her head fall forward with a sigh. How was she supposed to talk to Eijiro about this?

Just a few minutes later, Hikari returned. She sat on the sofa next to her son, passing him a mug of tea (earl gray with sugar and milk, just as he liked it) and held out a small plate covered in a pile of convenience-store butter cookies. Once Kirishima drank some tea and grabbed a cookie, she began talking.

"I don't know how much of this you know - how much kids talk at school, or what you've seen online... When they are having a hard time, they use coping methods. There are good coping methods, like things with art, or music, hobbies, and talking to people. But, some people also use bad coping methods. Do you know anything about those?"

Kirishima shook his head.

"Well, using alcohol excessively or doing drugs could be examples of bad coping methods. Another is harming yourself. It's a bad thing to do, but that doesn't make the people who do it bad people."

"Is my soulmate...one of these people who hurts themselves?" Kirishima asked, tears already welling in the corners of his eyes. Why would someone even want to do that to themselves? How much of a hard time must they be having? How much of a hard time must his soulmate be having, to resort to this. Even just thinking about it, Kirishima could barely hold back his tears.

"I.." Hikari sighed. "I think so. Can you promise me two things, mijo?"

"What things?"

"Promise me you'll tell me if the flowers come back and... promise me that if you ever think about hurting yourself in any way, come to me. I won't be mad, I just want you to be safe and help you," She said.

"Yea, I promise mama."

A few moments of silence passed between Kirishima and his mother, as Kirishima slowly ate his cookie, thoroughly chewing each bite to make it last longer.

"I just hope they're okay," Kirishima said, finally breaking the silence, and immediately breaking down into sobs. Thankfully, his mother was there and he was pulled into her arms for yet another hug.

"I hope so too."

}{

Midoriya had been in his bedroom the first time it happened. He'd had a particularly bad day at school, and was sitting at his desk, wrapped tight in his favorite blanket, and legs held tight to his chest, as he continued rewatching his favorite videos of Allmight.

He didn't notice it right away. Why would he have? It was just a strange itch. When it didn't stop, Midoriya lifted up his shirt, and flower petals spilled out. He recognized them - what they were from - even though they were on his sides instead of on his wrists where he thought most people did it. He'd thought about doing it himself plenty of times, but never did. He didn't want to scare his soulmate, or make his mom sad, and actually doing it seemed pretty scary. Tears began welling up in his eyes as he gathered the petals together, piling them up on his desk. What was his soulmate going through, that led them to do this?

He kept scooping the flowers away from his side, again and again, but they just kept coming.

"Make it stop." He let out a small sob. "Make it stop," He whispered, fully breaking down crying, wrapping the blanket even tighter around himself.

Close to three hours later, Midoriya woke up, still at his desk, wrapped tight in his blanket. He hadn't remembered falling asleep, but he knew he must've at some point. He walked out into the kitchen, then to the living room, then to his mother's bedroom, but she was nowhere to be seen. She must be at work again. Midoriya grabbed a piece of paper and pen and began writing a note, knowing it was nearly time for him to leave for school, and she may still be gone when he got home. 'My soulmate's' He crossed the words out. 'There were a lot of flowers from my soulmate last night. I think they are probably cutting themself.' Instead of leaving the note on the table, he crumpled it up and threw it in the trash instead. He could tell her some other time, when she wasn't so busy.

Midoriya didn't tell his mother about his soulmate's issue until close to ten months later. 

}{

wc: 1000

ty for reading <33

Next chapter should be out soon, and I may also post to ao3 after a little more editing

If anyone sees errors, please let me know so I can fix them lol